• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Flat Tire

Aren't you meeting OCR this week on your way to bike week? I think he will to use Ride-on with your next tire.

I just got back from Bikeweek. I didn't see much in the way of deals. Just lots of t-shirts and leather and a nice Amsoil dealer at Destination Daytona near where you got those foot pegs in October.

Good luck with the tire.
My compressor is part of a Slime kit, so I have it if necessory. Will get Ride-on when I see some to be kinder to guy changing tire.

Lots of quarters. Sticker shock yesterday at $1.25. :mad:

You know its bad when you pull up to a air machine and it has a credit cards swiper. Crazy how much it costs for a little air. Some gas stations are still free. Just have to find them. I know in your situation it was first come first serve.

You know its bad when you pull up to a air machine and it has a credit cards swiper. Crazy how much it costs for a little air. Some gas stations are still free. Just have to find them. I know in your situation it was first come first serve.

:eek:

If that wasn't so absurd, I'd think it was funny...

I like the idea of carrying spare change for emergency situations (but always forget to, sigh) I think I will stash away some coins in the lower frunk compartment, thanks for the reminder, guys. :)

I will note that I actively boycott any station that charges for air if possible, and I make sure to go in and tell them. Not that it does the slightest bit of good, but I have to get it off my chest, so they get stuck with my venting wrath, lol.

I measured my tires air pressure and found both of them LOW and that was several weeks ago. In San Francisco, I am used to paying for AIR at the gas stations. When riding, the AIR pressure popped in my mind. So I headed to a gas station on this corner. To my amazement it was FREE. At first thought, it got to be broken. Then I found out it was working... Great... So happy because the air was free. :rolleyes:

Marketing folks figured out if people will actually pay for plain water in a bottle, then they will pay for air, too.

Marketing folks figured out if people will actually pay for plain water in a bottle, then they will pay for air, too.

great, air in a bottle.... wait, they do have that. Compressed Air to clean camera lens, keyboards, printer, etc.....
If i recall, there expensive too.

Ken

I have the exact same kit which I carry when riding the NC700 and my Ninja. The only tubless flat I've had so far was on the Ninja, and I used one of these plugs to fix it. It held perfectly without losing air until I replaced the tire due to wear several thousand miles later. I do carry one of the cheap slime top-off compressors from Walmart instead of the CO2 cartridges. I mainly use it to air up and down the tube tires on my dualsport bikes when riding in sand and soft dirt, but since I have the pump I just keep it with me when I ride the street bikes as well.

For those in California, I believe state law mandates free air with the purchase of gas. They usually have a token or switch.

max, yes it is free, I got a nail about two weeks ago and used a plug kit and it is holding well. But when taxes get in will get a new one!!!

Over 800 miles on the tire now with no problems. Did let OCR talk me into some Ride-On. Found it at J&P cycles (same place I found his shirt). Trying to decide if I have enough tread left for my trip north next month for the Outer Banks and mountains. Probably 2,000 miles or so. 8,000 miles already on the tire and I tend to get less miles on rear tires than most.

Ordered a new PR4 rear tire for installation later this week. Tread at center of the PR3 is gone so don't trust it lasting for a long trip. it will be 1000 miles on the plug before replacing.

Since the great OCR can't be wrong I bought some more Ride On to put in new tire prior to trip. Not sure if dealer will do when installing, but I know how. I also plan to both see what the slime looks like in existing tire and find the plug from the inside.

Ordered a new PR4 rear tire for installation later this week. Tread at center of the PR3 is gone so don't trust it lasting for a long trip. it will be 1000 miles on the plug before replacing.

Since the great OCR can't be wrong I bought some more Ride On to put in new tire prior to trip. Not sure if dealer will do when installing, but I know how. I also plan to both see what the slime looks like in existing tire and find the plug from the inside.

BTW, what total mileage number will you end up with on the PR3's?
:)

I put a PR4 rear on my bike 900 miles ago. Used Ride-On too. Of course the bottle was 8 ounces and the directions call for 9 ounces for that sized tire. I bought 2 bottles I now have 7 ounces for when I replace the front. If it lasts.

So far so good.

1000 miles on plug and installed new PR4 today.

First pic shows wear on tire with around 8000 miles. Plug is a bit to right of my finger.
IMG_20140326_200106.jpg

Second pic shows mushroom plug from inside with Ride-On wiped away from plug. This style plug may leak,but will not have an instantaneous failure.
IMG_20140326_200204.jpg

I had to use my stop and go plug kit recently on a long road trip on my rear PR3 and made the 900 mile trip back home without problems. Just a heads up on CO2 cylinders. I use the same road kit on my 700 as my offroad bike with a stop and go with CO2 couple tire irons, tow rope,tire patch, odds and ends.Works great and good peace of mind when miles from anyone. Just be very careful where you store the CO2. On both bikes I carry the fanny pack under the rear rack,great place but I did not realize the exhaust on my little bike was close enough to heat the CO2 in the pack to explode! Never place you stop and go kit anywhere it can heat up( behind wind screen etc.) Wish I would have been wearing my full face C3 instead of my half lid which I use while bush riding for comfort, my left ear rang for hrs. after the exposion. As you can see the force of one maybe two cylinders (I found two)bent the tools destroyed the end to the plugger, never found the tire irons and tools or the case the stop and go came in. I found the plugger down the gravel road 20 yds in front of the bike! I was not hurt except for the sore ear drum, I consider myself very lucky. The placement of the pack as well as the dry bag I carryed on the rack kept the force directed to the rear. I now carry a stop and go mini compressor instead of CO2 in a replacement pack. Reads on CO2 cylinders not to store above 120F which I was not aware of but sure know now. Ride safe.

Attachments

• stop+go 010.jpg
    stop+go 010.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Honda 700X 042.jpg
    Honda 700X 042.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 101
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 113
Back