• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My latest project

Dennis M

Reaction score
Visit site
Last April 15th I became a Grandfather with the birth of a Daughter to my Son & DIL. He had an old rusty Radio Flyer wagon that he stripped the paint off of, repainted, and then had a artist friend repaint the logo. He wanted to get some wooden rails for it, but the rails sold by Radio Flyer required drilling holes in the wagon to mount them which he didn't want to do, so he asked for my help. It took me a couple of weeks and this is what I came up with.
P1010731.jpg

When I was about halfway though the project they stopped by to see how I was doing.
P1010718.jpg
I think it will be a few years yet before she's big enough to ride with me.

1977236_778739715469618_821199814_n.jpg
I think she likes it.

What a great granddad! The wagon looks great and I know she will enjoy it. When our youngest son was 3 yrs. old he sustained a spiral fracture to his femur. He was in traction for 17 days and then a body cast for several months. We bought a wagon like that (without the rails) put pillows down and pulled him around wherever we needed to go. I need to get it down from the garage and get it to him so he can pull our granddaughter around.

Wow, Dennis! You have a gift. The woodwork is beautiful and the idea for the notches to hug the lip on the wagon is genius.

The craftsmanship on the rails is first rate. Radio Flyer wishes it ever had rails that good!

Thank you for posting the photos. The little guy must be a joy.

Back