• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NCX decided to lay down on me today..

Are you sure the guy with the Harley next to you didn't do it? (JK)

Hey, my Gold Wing went down from the side stand when the asphalt caved in. That cost Progressive $2700.

Hmmm, Push over a $7,000 bike that has crash guards on it, and piss off someone that would return the favor to his $25,000 shiny Harley with $1,500 worth of skulls on it.
Nope He is smarter than that!;)

Sorry to read about this.
It's probably the wind.
Thinking anything else will just make you more pissed.
If needed, find another parking spot.
:p

Let it go.

I would bet my bike, that no one where I work would do this. I am lucky to work with such great people! Those guys would more than likely put a beating on anyone that tipped someone else bike.
Of course I would do the same for them. I'm thankful to have a lot of guys at work that ride with me on occasion no matter what you ride, its all good.

I would bet my bike, that no one where I work would do this. I am lucky to work with such great people! Those guys would more than likely put a beating on anyone that tipped someone else bike.
Of course I would do the same for them. I'm thankful to have a lot of guys at work that ride with me on occasion no matter what you ride, its all good.

I feel the same way where I work. The last couple days it has been really windy here. I've been especially careful about which way I pull in after reading your post.

Sorry about the blow over, but would being on a center stand have prevented a blow over? Not a criticism but just a question. I know when I was in Rifle WY on a K75RTA (not a light bike) and I was afraid to park as the winds were > 40 mph. I had to pee (I know too much info) so I parked it sidestand away from wind, which made me turn around in a wind that almost blew me over riding the bike. Often wondered if just putting on center stand would have been just a good and saved me the embarrassment of almost dropping it while turing around. Any comments or advice.

Sorry about the blow over, but would being on a center stand have prevented a blow over? Not a criticism but just a question. I know when I was in Rifle WY on a K75RTA (not a light bike) and I was afraid to park as the winds were > 40 mph. I had to pee (I know too much info) so I parked it sidestand away from wind, which made me turn around in a wind that almost blew me over riding the bike. Often wondered if just putting on center stand would have been just a good and saved me the embarrassment of almost dropping it while turing around. Any comments or advice.

I thought the same about the center stand being more stable, but I read some comments about the side stand being better. I don't think there was enough lean on my bike with the side stand with a 45 mph wind and not sure if the center stand would have been any better. If those cameras had have been working, we could have seen what happened. I do think I need upgrade the suspension and that may give me a little more lean, while on the side stand. I can't afford that upgrade at this time though.

This is one of the reason I park into the wind on windy days.or next to a building.I have herd more then one story from riders that wind had knocked it over.plus ours is 450 pounds or close to it and tall.a good gust won't take much to do it.

The wind generally comes from the south here, and I could have prevented this if I would have backed into my spot. Of course there was no wind whatsoever when I arrived.

Made me think of this: The only MotoGP I've been to was the inaugural Indy event in 2008 that was to be known as the hurricane GP (Ike). I always feel somewhat miffed at the Ducati hospitality area and the parking area that we “little people” must use. Ike moved through during the race and conditions were miserable enough that the race was ended early. On the way out this was the extra special Ducati parking area.
ducs_in_a_row

Attachments

• ducs_in_a_row.jpg
    ducs_in_a_row.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 101
Made me think of this: The only MotoGP I've been to was the inaugural Indy event in 2008 that was to be known as the hurricane GP (Ike). I always feel somewhat miffed at the Ducati hospitality area and the parking area that we “little people” must use. Ike moved through during the race and conditions were miserable enough that the race was ended early. On the way out this was the extra special Ducati parking area.
ducs_in_a_row

Looking with blow up of picture the first bike laying over has the side stand up which makes me think that it was on a center stand and still blew over. Noticed the other rows all are on side stand including the one that was not blown over in the first line.... Great picture of bad situation. Maybe like turbodiesel I need to start saving for a rear suspension up grade..... Damn this $7000.00 wonder bike has cost me almost over $2200.00 in accessories and still many to go ..... Oh well it's just $ .... spent more than that on my GoldWing and it started a lot higher than $7000.00 ... I'm having fun ...

Dang! That's a sad sight. Most likely those covers didn't help the situation. Probably acted like sails. Not the first time I've seen that happen in high winds with a cover but never in a row like a bunch of dominoes. :(

If that was my son flying his Jersey Devil F16 to homecoming a few years back let me know. That is him in my avatar. His wife flew an F18 to same homecoming. I think it was 2008.

This happened back in the late 80's and I'm guessing your son was in diapers back then? I do remember the Blue Angels flying their F16's there at the airshow.

Very windy here in Arkansas today. To the point I would have rather been rained on. My neck was tired from trying to hold my head upright. LOL

Anyway, for the first time I actually tought about how to park my bike. She is facing West today which is backwards compared to the norm in the MC parking area but I'm the only bike there so I guess it really doesn't matter.

Note that there is some preload adjustment built into the stock rear shock. Adding preload would increase the shock length when unladen and the bike would lean over with more authority onto the side stand. Heavier riders and those that leave panniers and top box on all the time should consider this adjustment.

This happened back in the late 80's and I'm guessing your son was in diapers back then? I do remember the Blue Angels flying their F16's there at the airshow.
He was born in 76 and was sometimes referred to as a little devil, but out of diapers. F16 with Jersey Devils started about 10 years ago and moved to F22 later.

Back