• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My rear seat does not open up! Help!!

Jonzoid

Reaction score
Visit site
I just went to get some gas and I tried to open the back seat to get at the gas cap, and the latch would not open or unlatch the seat. I took apart the plastic cover that goes over the key/latch mechanism and noticed that both cables are attached to the device. I pulled on the cable going to the back seat but nothing happened except I pulled 2-3 inches of cable! I am guessing that the cable came loose in the back or broke off the latch. Have any of you ever had this kind of issue and possibly a fix for that? I have no idea how to unlatch the seat when it is like that in order to fix it. Any ideas how to fix that?
Thanks...

It happens. You'll have to start taking plastics off until you can hook the seat latch, pry the rear seat up or cut the rear seat off, fix the cable issues, add an emergency pull cable, and put on a new seat (if necessary). It's not a fun process.

Back