• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC at Cleveland IMS

Joe A.

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw the '16 NC at the IMS show yesterday. first time I saw it in the flesh and it is quite striking. The paint just glistens, and that, along with the subtle body changes, makes the bike look "slimmer" than previous years, not that they are plump to begin with. bike drew a lot of attention from many age groups. they had a DCT set up so you could feel the DCT in action. I have my '12 set up the way I want it and upgrading is not an option for me at this time. I hope to find out if the new exhaust can and frunk lid will fit, I would definitely pony up for those upgrades.

There are 2 Hondas that I am considering at this time, and they couldn't be more different, the CTX1300 with top case and taller windscreen or the CBR500R in white, the paint is gorgeous! Of all the bikes I looked at, they almost all had disqualifying features. The Indians are beautiful but I do not like foot forward controls, at least not as far forward as on these bikes. Ducati scramblers are very nice, but long distance is not in their wheelhouse. I do like the BMW F800GT and have not completely ruled that out.

Anyway, it was good to drive the 4 1/2 hours just to be around and sit on many different bikes and check out potential farkles up close and personal.

Did they put a price on the '16 NC700X? It's still not listed on the Honda site.

I think the NC was changed for 2016 to get new attention. The '15 sat ignored at last year's Chicago show.

I did, I'll post them later. You know, they did have the prices on a headlight sticker but didn't think to look.

there was actually a line of people waiting to sit on / inspect the NC all day long. Will that turn into sales? Hopefully. I talked to many folks about my experience.

Back