• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Trailer - Xmas in March

Nofear2trek

Elite Member
Reaction score
Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht t
Visit site
OK...I have been talking about it for a long time now, but it is ready for pick up tomorrow evening!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mike (https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule/) weight testing the stands.

image.jpg

I will be meeting Mike (https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule/) and finally taking delivery of my new trailer. As soon as it gets hitched up and tested, I'll be on my way for its first ride on the interstate 5 up to Seattle. More info on how she does will follow.

Ray

I've never ridden with trailer on the bike, looks great!

What type of riding are you doing that makes this helpful? Or what do you plan to haul?

What type of riding are you doing that makes this helpful? Or what do you plan to haul?
I go out for weeks to months at a time, regional & cross country, hunting, fishing, camping. Coming up, from Oregon I will be heading to the Hillbilly Hangout 3 in Arkansas (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/upcoming-events/10583-hillbilly-hangout-iii.html?highlight=Hillbilly) in a couple of weeks, then wander around the East Coast till the Horizons Unlimited in VA at the end of April (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/10425-horizons-unlimited-appomatox-va-april-28-may1st-early-registration-save-$20.html?highlight=2016) back to Oregon until it's time to go to NC for joining other NCX riders at 'The DRAGON' (http://nc700-forum.com/forum/i-m-going-for-a-ride-you-comin-/10534-return-land-dragon.html). Maybe after that, a ride down to Key West to begin a ride to Deadhorse, AK.

Ray

Last edited:
guess your single then.
I know my wife wouldn't let me do that for week without her let alone months on end.

guess your single then.
I know my wife wouldn't let me do that for week without her let alone months on end.
Instead of single, I like to say, "I'm high speed, low drag".

image.jpg

In your part of the world I would find myself crossing my trail too often and would be heading for the Chunnel to spread out a bit.

Ray

Last edited:
So what's it take to get one of these trailers? Are they "mass produced" or on demand? Is there a long wait time? Does Mike work alone or does he have a staffed manufacturing operation?

So what's it take to get one of these trailers? Are they "mass produced" or on demand? Is there a long wait time? Does Mike work alone or does he have a staffed manufacturing operation?
Mike (Moto-Mule) uses his website (moto-mule a trailer you pull with your dual sport motorcycle) to sell his adventure trailers, which seems to be currently under construction. Previously, he made a limited number and sold them on a monthly quota, first come, first served.

image.jpg

Reading from his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MotoMule/), Mike, working in his machine/welding shop alone, has stopped making his smaller I-beam style adventure trailer (sold over the past 4 years domestically and internationally) and is changing over to this new Eco-frame style adventure trailer.

image.jpg

During the past 18 months he had been saying on his website that a new stronger trailer was in the works. By living 2 hours away from him, I was able to wear him down to make me the first one, to my specifications. Instead of a Walmart storage box, I wanted it fitted to a waterproof & dustproof Pelican case.

image.jpg

I don't have any association with Mike (Moto-Mule) other than having bought one of his adventure trailers, designed to be fitted to my NC700, from him and I will be sending feedback to him on how this new design performs in the field.

image.jpg

Any availability/ordering related questions would have to be directed to Mike (Moto-Mule) at his Facebook page.

Ray

Last edited:
Continuing the trailer test trip, here are some photos of a trip currently in progress.

Packed up and starting my trip from Coos Bay, Oregon to 'The Hub' in Marble Falls, Arkansas to attend a motorcycle rally for Honda NC700X owners called the Hillbilly Hangout III.

image.jpg

Here I am at the top of some pass in Utah.

image.jpg

I made it to 'The Hub' (2,280 miles) and camp is set up.

image.jpg

There is motorcycle camping, and then there is motorcycle camping 'in style'!

image.jpg

Out on a group ride on the twisty back roads in northern Arkansas during our Honda NC700X Hillbilly Hangout III m/c rally. We rode more than 450 miles (with the trailer on) twisting this way and that (including dodging a herd of elk).

image.jpg

Great times so far, the trailer has been a joy, next destination Key West, Florida!

Ray

Seeing is believing.
Can't wait to meet you and Nirvana, come May
in Stecoah, NC

Continuing my motorcycle trip, left Marble Falls, Arkansas heading for Key West, Florida. After 630 miles with nasty side gusting winds all day, I stopped for the nite in Phoenix City, Alabama.

image.jpg

Next day another 830 miles to Key West, Florida. Had headwinds as far as Miami, Florida, until they eased at dusk. Riding on and arriving at my campground on the NAS Key West at about midnite. In the morning set up camp and took the important tourist photos.

image.jpg

Now, I'm doing what you do in Key West, watching sunsets while drinking rum umbrella drinks.

image.jpg

Ray

I was amazed how Nofear kept up on twisty mountain roads in Arkansas. Followed him some and he was going as fast as I wanted to. If I didn't pay attention he would leave me behind. Think his trailer was pretty much empty with all the gear left at camp as shown in his pictures above, but I didn't seem to have any extra pull on the hills.

Agreed. This trailer rig was ripping through the turns in Arkansas. Very impressive.

... I stopped for the nite in Phoenix City, Alabama.

That would be Phenix City, AL. In another era, it would have been a risky place to be.

Soldiers from Ft. Benning used to get in great quantities of trouble there.

Now, PC is cleaned up and there is enough trouble available to them without leaving Columbus, GA.

That would be Phenix City, AL. In another era, it would have been a risky place to be. Soldiers from Ft. Benning used to get in great quantities of trouble there.
Thanks, was typing the name after a couple of rum umbrella drinks and didn't pay attention. I was one of those soldiers warned to stay out of Phenix City in the early and mid-70's while being taught how to fall outta airplanes in flight and to wander about the woods without getting lost. Back in those days, always too hot and muggy, lived on pizza & pepsi from the hoagie trucks.

Ray

And while talking about Ft. Benning, the jump towers there are a "PAIN". A real bad day if you fall off the rope across the little grand canyon. Special Forces school there is a place of evil and suffering. Just a 180 of Douglas MacArthur, "I shall never return!!!"

So... are you going to tell us?

$?
This trailer is the first prototype of the new moto-mule heavy duty style adventure trailer and includes some of my personal specifications.

Any availability/ordering/pricing related questions would have to be directed to Mike (Moto-Mule) at his Facebook page.

Ray

Just a bit more information on how the moto-mule trailer is hitched to my Honda NC700XD.

The stirrup hitch fitting brackets replaces the swing arm end caps. It is in the form of a 'U' with the bottom of the 'U' facing rearward toward the trailer. The sides of the 'U' fit inside the swingarm and have a threaded hole on the top and bottom. A hole is drilled into the top and bottom of the swingarm so two bolts can be tightened holding the fitting bracket in place. The axle adjusting nuts are used normally to adjust the axle position.

image.jpg

image.jpg

With the fitting bracket mounted, two bolts with butterfly turning knobs are used to pass thru the stirrup hitch and thread into the fitting bracket. The butterfly knobs have holes to put on safety stops to keep them from untightening while trailering.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ray

Back