• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 Trailer - Xmas in March

OK...my travels must continue, you can only lift so many rum umbrella drinks in paradise before it is time to move on. Testing of the trailer and my travels must continue on.

Can you overload an NC700 & Moto-Mule trailer? Here is my attempt to find out.

image.jpg

Well, I made it 300 miles up from Key West to Cocoa Beach and set up camp at the end of the runway at Patrick AFB.

image.jpg

Packed up camp and heading to the local post office to offload some weight (too many t-shirts & sandals I got in KW).

image.jpg image.jpg

Off to the local Honda shop to get new sprockets, chain, and rear tire installed. I have been changing sprocket ratios to find the best on for pulling the trailer. Off came the 16/42 teeth with the 150/70 17 rear Shinko 705. On went a 16/39 with the 160/60 17 rear Shinko 705. The Moto-Mule trailer takes only 5 minutes to disconnect or to reconnect.

image.jpg

Back on the road again, a lot lighter, high speed & low drag!

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
After getting the new stuff installed (I luv that new chain smell), I headed north and spent the night in a Motel 6 near Savannah, GA. The next morning I headed up to the Gettysburg Battlefield. I have visited here a few times now and always enjoy it. Set up camp at the Artillery Ridge campground just across from the battlefield.

image.jpg

First stop the next morning was the visitors center/museum. This should be on everyone's bucket list!

image.jpg

Afterwards, I rode the auto tour, following the markers which takes you everywhere on the battlefield. Here is the monument where Lee met the returning survivors of Picket's Charge.

image.jpg

This is the clump of trees that was the objective of Picket's Charge and the high water mark of the battle. Above my front fender and across the field, is the Lee Statue above.

image.jpg

Ray

Next day I was on the road again, this time leaving Gettysburg for a 90 minute ride down to the Antietam Battlefield at Sharpsburg, MD.

image.jpg

After there, I headed to Appomattox Court House, VA and set up camp where the Horizons Unlimited Travelers Meeting is taking place 28 April - 1 May.

image.jpg image.jpg

It's easy to spot me, I'm the only one arriving with a m/c NOT looking loaded down like this! Yes, I luv this trailer.

image.jpg

Ray

Last edited:
Inspiring, man! Don't know if I'll ever need a setup like yours, as I may need a larger horse for two-up riding before attempting anything close to your epic solo adventures, but this is definitely worth taking note of!

Back