• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X-2016 Advice

Don't by another bike of the same kind/model; get something different. Do buy another bike, but something else.
But definitely not another nc700. Add something different to the fleet.

The NC DCT is a very good platform for me. I'll be switching from a red 2013 to a 2017. Going from black rims to silver, much better looking
and sounding (I hope) can it is very different indeed for me. I'll also be moving some of the accessories over to the new unit.

I'm passing on the deal, but it's still there (15 Mar. 2017) if anyone wants it.

$5000 with no freight or set up. Just sales tax, doc fee and plates Give me a call if you want me to hold it
John
Western Honda
6717 E McDowell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257

Store: 480-994-8400

almost bought an FJR 1300 today. Drove all the way to the dealer to find out the bike has no 2nd gear!
No Sale.... long ride home.

I loved my FJR1300. It's a totally different beast than the NC700X of course...a sportbike with luggage. (Gets quite warm in the rider's crotch from that big inline-4 engine.)

IMG_0496-web600.jpg

Like most here, I'd stay with the 2012 NC for now... You'll probably still find good deals on NCs when this one dies.
On the other hand, I've personally been itching to trade mine for a VFR1200X or an Africa Twin... I love the NC, and it probably does everything I need - and can deal with - but I keep looking at these bigger bikes with a bigger 19" front wheel, and possibly DCT... I feel just like a kid looking at the big shiny thing... probably don't need it, but when I'm going toward Central/South America in 2-3 months I wonder if it would not do better...

A bigger, heavier bike is usually more comfortable after hours in the saddle so would be the better choice for extended travel.
I would be fully confident with the NC doing the long haul and with my tall Parabellum shield would be almost as comfortable as a VFR or AT.
The NC is the hands down best value going as the MSRP is comparatively low and has Hondas' latest and greatest engine (offset crankshaft).

The 03 ST13 had heat issues to the crotch and shin areas. Honda remapped the FI (richer) and added heat shields around the tank on latter models to correct the heat problems.

Last edited:
Like most here, I'd stay with the 2012 NC for now... You'll probably still find good deals on NCs when this one dies.
On the other hand, I've personally been itching to trade mine for a VFR1200X or an Africa Twin... I love the NC, and it probably does everything I need - and can deal with - but I keep looking at these bigger bikes with a bigger 19" front wheel, and possibly DCT... I feel just like a kid looking at the big shiny thing... probably don't need it, but when I'm going toward Central/South America in 2-3 months I wonder if it would not do better...

All the Central/South America ride reports and many hundreds of pics I've seen in them makes it look like a dualsport 250 is a way smarter choice. It's a pity more big dreamers don't look at these "guides", though really a lot of it is just common sense given the conditions, especially if one really wants to go into the countryside. This includes maybe getting bikes on and off small boats, dealing with landslides, roads that are really not roads and maybe rutted with axle deep mud for many miles.

Don't fool yourself ; }

All the Central/South America ride reports and many hundreds of pics I've seen in them makes it look like a dualsport 250 is a way smarter choice. It's a pity more big dreamers don't look at these "guides", though really a lot of it is just common sense given the conditions, especially if one really wants to go into the countryside. This includes maybe getting bikes on and off small boats, dealing with landslides, roads that are really not roads and maybe rutted with axle deep mud for many miles.
Don't fool yourself ; }

the NC is good for those of us who want to go on a hard packed dirt road 1% of the time and on the Interstate 99% of the time.
Camping is like that in the So. Cal. desert.

The Saga continues...

I've got a deal going to get a 2007 FJR 1300 (40,000 mileage) for $4,400.00 (before tax and licensing).

I'll post pictures in two weeks, IF the dealer will store it for me for that long.

If I was considering a bigger bike, gotta say I'd be looking at the VFR1200X and AT too, with the VFR being the more likely option unless serious off-road time is a reality!!

The Saga continues...

I've got a deal going to get a 2007 FJR 1300 (40,000 mileage) for $4,400.00 (before tax and licensing).

I'll post pictures in two weeks, IF the dealer will store it for me for that long.

Don't go! In all honesty, I get it. I love my NC for what it is, and it makes no financial sense for me to move on to something else just to ride up and down US HWY 101 every day; But I really, really, want a bike that gets the juices flowing a little more during my commute -- the Africa Twin or an FJR would do that.

Then again, I have a KTM Superduke for the weekends that usually satisfies it.

But I really, really, want a bike that gets the juices flowing a little more during my commute

Some 9 Inch Nails through my Lowrance I-Way while on my ST13 running N GA NC TN worked for me back in the 90s.
The ST has a gear whine at idle that some loved some hated. 'Juices' relate to bike 'character' that I think the ST has.
The 2nd gen NC with its new can may add more of that. The 2017 are supposed to be out this month. I want to hear how they sound.

Gotta say, between the Honda 670 engine design and my Giannelli silencer [and pipe], the NC has real character. Perhaps just adding one of the aftermarket slip-ons is all one needs to feel the magic ; }

Gotta say, between the Honda 670 engine design and my Giannelli silencer [and pipe], the NC has real character. Perhaps just adding one of the aftermarket slip-ons is all one needs to feel the magic ; }

My son Max's CB500X came with a Two Brothers black carbon fiber can on it. It doesn't seem to make it louder but it definitely sounds better - throatier.

The Saga continues...

i think you have been bitten by the "new bike needed bug" lol. I dont think it will go away until you get a new one. we always want new experience in our life. that is the only way it will go away. take a trip to a place you never been or buy a different exciting toy ..

anyway, in my opining on the new bike... make sure maintenance is cheap for a DIY... are the maintenance interval any better than the NC? is that truly an upgrade?

Back