• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750 not making things easy...

NovaGeeze

Reaction score
Visit site
I have been noodling with the idea of riding the new (1600 miles) NC750 halfway across the country to keep at home for a while. Tried a 235 mi loop today to try to convince myself that wouldn't be a comfortable ride. Failed to discourage myself. Went the first pull to 2:15 hr with only butt breaks a couple of standovers at stoplights. Froze a bit (dressed for the predicted mid 80s, temps dropped to 60s at one point), but a hot coffee stop and gas and I was good to go again. One more stop for some lunch, a couple quick standovers to check navigation, bathroom stop, and I was done early afternoon with plenty of ride left in me.

I'm 6'3" and haven't bothered to put my lowered footpegs on yet (still in the package) because having my legs folded up like birdwings apparently doesn't bother me. When I hit a town with slow speeds I sit on the pillion seat for a while for a change of pace on the cheeks. This "cheap commuter" seems pretty trip capable to this returning geezer. Cruises nicely at the 60-65 that's my top speed. Got 80 mpg my last tank. My "stuff" fits inside my helmet which fits inside the trunk at stops so no mess or worries. May have to succumb to the urge.

I can’t imagine the long miles I’ve done on my NCs. I get a chuckle out of the “commuter bike” description. I did 304 miles today and would have done the 500 planned but for a family emergency that turned me for home earlier than I planned.

Yeah, mine sure seems to like long drives. If I could make the time, I’d love to do a longer Moto camp trip. I’ve even thought about challenging myself a little more by only taking what fits in the frunk.

That frunk is the same size as the backpack I take for multi-week overseas trips, 22 liters. Protective gear complicates things a bit, but I'm pretty sure I could get by with frunk + single 15-20l dry bag on back. At least if I didn't have to bring a work computer. I did make sure that fits in the frunk and charges from the USB-C PD charger I installed, but I'd rather not have to do that. "Camping" also complicates things a bit. My z-packs tent and sleeping bag take up about 5-6l of space. I have some 2x20l dry panniers, no-namers, seem pretty sturdy, but I need to rig some mounting mods so they can go on the grab handles rather than span the pillion seat, and something to keep them from bouncing inward and contacting the rear tire potentially. Rather not get a whole rear rack and all that.

I have been noodling with the idea of riding the new (1600 miles) NC750 halfway across the country to keep at home for a while. Tried a 235 mi loop today to try to convince myself that wouldn't be a comfortable ride. Failed to discourage myself. Went the first pull to 2:15 hr with only butt breaks a couple of standovers at stoplights. Froze a bit (dressed for the predicted mid 80s, temps dropped to 60s at one point), but a hot coffee stop and gas and I was good to go again. One more stop for some lunch, a couple quick standovers to check navigation, bathroom stop, and I was done early afternoon with plenty of ride left in me.

I'm 6'3" and haven't bothered to put my lowered footpegs on yet (still in the package) because having my legs folded up like birdwings apparently doesn't bother me. When I hit a town with slow speeds I sit on the pillion seat for a while for a change of pace on the cheeks. This "cheap commuter" seems pretty trip capable to this returning geezer. Cruises nicely at the 60-65 that's my top speed. Got 80 mpg my last tank. My "stuff" fits inside my helmet which fits inside the trunk at stops so no mess or worries. May have to succumb to the urge.
Ya know,
I'm 6' 2 1/2" and presently around 245. When I first test rode the NC, coming from an '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT, the NC seemed like a crotch rocket type ride. Not fast, but kind-a in that "leaned over" with my feet back in what seemed like on the back axle ends. I thought, hmmmm, I don't know about this bike. Long story short, I bought it and then ergonomically changed it to suit me. I added 1 1/2" bar risers/lean backs, and also put some freeway/cruising pegs on it. Just those two enhancements made it feel seriously more ergonomic for me.

The seat is a little uncomfortable at times but, what helps with that is, when it's appropriate, I put my feet on the cruising pegs and that causes my whole seating arrangement to pivot back a slight amount. That results in me using the back of the riders seat as a half-ass back rest. The "boys" are then backed off from the frunk and with the addition of the "Atlas" throttle lock, I can ride with a more relaxed seated position. I do that for a while then, I go back to the basic riding position. To be able to alternate like that helps with longer distances. I love the little NC750X DCT. I think it's a great all-around bike. As for high MPG, I don't know how you boys eek out 75+ mpg. If I'm lucky, I might, MIGHT see 70 if I'm real nice to it which I am about 99.9999999999999% of the time. I'm no hot rodder.

Re MPG? I'm a pretty sedate rider I guess. Also light. I have bars with pegs on them, bar risers, and lowering pegs, just haven't fitted yet. My season is short so I've just been riding.

I bought a cheap 3D mesh over seat off Amazon for about 20 bucks and it doesn't provide any real padding but it does really improve the airflow on the undercarriage and that seems to help a lot with comfort.

Back