• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Negotiating Farkle List for Purchase

Fuzzy

Reaction score
Visit site
Working towards a NC700XD purchase next month and negotiating farkels with purchase. Bike is 2013 DCT for $7800 plus tax and tags. Dealer is also a dealer for Twisted throttle. Here is my list with dealer's installed cost. Now it is time to start negotiating discount for package.

Honda Farkles:
Heated Grips $387
12V outlet $87
Center Stand* $170

Other Farkles:
Fender Extender $50
Rear Hugger* $230
RG Radiator Guard $125
SW Motech Crash Bar* $250
SW Motech Side Carrier with Givi adapter $380
SW Motech Top Rack with Givi adapter* $170
Vario Foot Peg Mount $70
Admore LED tail light bar* $200
Bark Buster Hand Guards $180
Denali DM1 Micro LED lights. $300
Givi Trekker 33 side cases* $600
Stebel Horn $90
Mastad Sport Windshield - No price yet
Rox 2" risers - no price yet.

Any input on selection and installed cost is welcome.

Wow! Good think I'm not jealous or anything!!!! Damn!! If you start with everything you get to ride instead of figure out what to add next. I paid $140 for the Storm handguards and put them on myself. I paid $73 or close for the Rox Risers and installed them easily. That's all I can help you with. Still wanting most of the things on your list myself. good luck, it's going to be sweet.

Do you like to do things yourself? If so, more fun and less out of pocket to do it yourself. I would look up the individual items online to get the best price for negotiating. For example, on ProCaliber (with discount code SPRING 2103) the center stand is $111 delivered tax free. That's a $59 savings if you install yourself. Nothing there is especially hard to DIY, with the possible exception of the wiring harnesses if you are not electrically inclined.

The Madstad will be about $280 delivered. 15 to 20 minutes to put on.

These prices you quote are about 30% to 40% more than what these items can be purchased for. If you want one stop shopping where cost is no matter, then fine. But if cost is a concern you can buy these items considerably cheaper if you shop around.

For example, the R&G radiator guard is normally only $80, and overpriced at that for what it is.
The Honda centerstand can be purchased online for $117 ($111 with discount code) free shipping and no tax.

I don't mean to sound so negative, but if you have the dealer install these things for you, be prepared to see some of the jobs botched up. Some of the hardware on the bike will probably not be put back correctly, and there may be some damage. Just speaking from experience.

Greg

Last edited:
All of those prices seem high to me. If they offer a 30% discount and include labor I'd go for it. I would much rather do all of those farkles myself though. I've done many of them and they aren't difficult and you learn more about your bike in the process. If you've never done things like this before, this bike makes a great trainer. Use this site and search for useful threads. We're here to help.
Mike

All of those prices seem high to me. If they offer a 30% discount and include labor I'd go for it. I would much rather do all of those farkles myself though. I've done many of them and they aren't difficult and you learn more about your bike in the process. If you've never done things like this before, this bike makes a great trainer. Use this site and search for useful threads. We're here to help.
Mike

He was quoting installed prices.

Thanks for input.

l don't mind doing my own install but lack time and location to do it. Work keeps me on the road. Yesterday I spent fixing a brake problem on my current ride. Weather was perfect but by time I finished it was to late to ride. Leave this morning on a multi-state business trip. Next chance to ride won't be until first weekend in May. If the weather is good enough to work outside on bike I would much rather ride it than work on it. I'm old school on finances and started putting money aside 3 years ago to pay cash so I can afford it.

Another complication for me is this will be a fly and ride. Probably will have over 2000 Miles on it by time I get home. ( Straight home only 600 miles but no fun jumping on super slab to come straight back.:)) Items like windshield a piece of cake, even in driveway, but I don't mind paying the dealer to enjoy it for those miles. Thinking about an Ergo for seat on trip.

I feel OK on price for bike, but have not negotiated farkle prices yet. This discussion will help me there.

The dealer has good references and has sold a number of NC700s. I saw a well farkled one last month he had Ray for delivery. Not all dealers screw up installs.

Back