• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New from Houston Texas

ST/SV

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm 61, retired Lineman/Troubleshooter from Centerpoint Energy. Got my first motorcycle at 15, 1965 Honda Super 90. Have had at least one motorcycle in the garage every since. Current bikes '04 Honda ST1300, '08 Kawasaki Concours14, '12 Kawasaki Ninja 1000, 3 scooters '13 Kymco People 300, '09 SYM HD125 and a '08 Yamaha Zuma 50.

No I don't have a NC700 yet but that's the reason I joined, to find out more about it. It is now on my short list along with a V-Strom. The longer I think about it the more I'm wanting the NC700DCT. At my age the no shifting aspect is very intriguing.

Welcome from Sugar Land!
You have GOT to testdrive the DCT! Wild West Honda is where I went to testdrive manual & auto versions.
My background is very similar to yours, I have the DCT and love it!

Welcome from Oregon. From what I've read on this Forum there are several NC owners in the greater Houston area. I'm sure they would love to connect with you and answer any questions you have. You also have a nice existing stable of bikes. The NC will make a fitting complement to the rest.

Welcome from Sugar Land!
You have GOT to testdrive the DCT! Wild West Honda is where I went to testdrive manual & auto versions.
My background is very similar to yours, I have the DCT and love it!
searsboy, I live near downtown in the Heights. Are they still letting you test drive them? I actually test drove the NC700X last year at Honda of Houston when they came out and liked it but went and bought the Ninja 1000 instead because I had been missing the SV1000 Suzuki I had sold. A year later I'm realizing I probably should have gotten the NC.

Welcome from Oregon. From what I've read on this Forum there are several NC owners in the greater Houston area. I'm sure they would love to connect with you and answer any questions you have. You also have a nice existing stable of bikes. The NC will make a fitting complement to the rest.
Thanks danrev, actually a NC will replace the Ninja, my youngest son has been bugging me about buying it for awhile now. I actually went thru a piece of Oregon, Highway 84 thru Pendleton in July with my oldest son on the Concours14, he has a '08 Kawasaki Concours14 also. We rode up to Glacier National Park and swung over to Washington and Oregon on the way back so we could add those states to our list. Wished I could have seen more of Oregon.

searsboy, I live near downtown in the Heights. Are they still letting you test drive them? I actually test drove the NC700X last year at Honda of Houston when they came out and liked it but went and bought the Ninja 1000 instead because I had been missing the SV1000 Suzuki I had sold. A year later I'm realizing I probably should have gotten the NC.

Sorry, I'm not sure if they're still doing the testdrives. It was almost a year ago when I did it...not only did they let me testdrive both models, but they said to take my time!

Sorry, I'm not sure if they're still doing the testdrives. It was almost a year ago when I did it...not only did they let me testdrive both models, but they said to take my time!
Well I have to ask, since you have the DCT and without doing a search thru the whole site, are you aware of any problems with the auto transmission model at this time. This was the main reason I joined the site, to ask this question.

Well I have to ask, since you have the DCT and without doing a search thru the whole site, are you aware of any problems with the auto transmission model at this time. This was the main reason I joined the site, to ask this question.

It's not a brand new thing, so Honda has the bugs worked out. The second generation DCT on the NC700X is very smooth and I find that in S mode (sports) the shifts are perfect for me, very sporty indeed!

Welcome to the forum. I don't own the DCT since my local dealer did not have one. May have been interested. This is my first commuting style bike in a long line of sport bikes. The only thing I could really give as input is the fact I was pretty worried about my dealing with the lack of power and I am surpirsed how quickly I have adjusted. You haev several bikes so you can trade off if you feel the urge. I use this bike primarily for comutting to work in the Little Rock area and it is perfect for my needs. The perfect amount of storage, a comfortable riding position, and very good on fuel. Something that can't be said about one of my previous CBR's. I hope your able to take one for a test drive.

Greetings from League City, just bought my NC from Mancuso in La Marque. They let me test drive one of two 2013's they had left on sale, was all over town shopping but chose Mancuso due to their customer service. Give them a try if they still have any left.

Greetings from League City, just bought my NC from Mancuso in La Marque. They let me test drive one of two 2013's they had left on sale, was all over town shopping but chose Mancuso due to their customer service. Give them a try if they still have any left.
0.jpg

Hello, JoeTx from League City. I live in League City also, but on the Harris County side across from the Challenger 7 park. I have never seen a NC700 in the wild. I am on a little trip right now, but when I get home we just got to meet up and go ride.

SmileyEyeBrows.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:

I was leary too!
It's been flawless. I have about 9K troublefree miles on mine. If you can't find one to testdrive I'll let ya ride mine. :)

DominusFl, I knew the new VFR 1200 offered the DCT a few years back but never ever considered it until recently, just never kept up or heard if they have had any troubles with it.

SergeantChuck, yea speed is no longer a factor at my age, just looking for a semi-light commuter that's more economic. Being lucky enough to have other bikes is nice. The Ninja is going but the Connie is no slouch if the need arises.

JoeTx, didn't realize Mancuso's sold Hondas. I bought my 2 Kawasakis at Mancuso North the old A J Foyt's but they don't carry Honda. I'll add them to the list of dealers.

searsboy, appreciate the offer, if I can't find a test ride at one of these dealers I may take you up on it, you can ride the Ninja.

Joetx, just got back from a week of riding in Arkansas with my nc700dct. Left it in sport mode and rode better then on my st1300. Like you I have been on bikes since I was a young teen, don't have a collection like you but my bike is my main mode of transportation. At 63 arthritis is an issue and the DST is the answer. If you would like to take it for a good ride come on up to the woodlands and give a try.

Hey bluecrab my little sister lives up near you in Oak Ridge North. Speaking of arthritis that is one of the main reason I retired from Centerpoint at 60 with 42 years with them. It was getting harder and harder climbing those poles because of the new style safety that wraps around the pole was almost impossible for me to get fastened with my arthritis. A hand Dr. x-rayed my wrist and said I don't have any cartiladge left so it is bone on bone. He said he could fix the pain put it would limit my wrist movement to 30% so I decided to live with it with Advil. All of my bikes have risers even the Ninja so I can stay more upright. I appreciate your offer also if I can't find a dealer with a demo around. By the way are you on the ST-owners.com forum?

This sounds like an all Houston area NC700 riders ride brewing to me. I'd love to get a picture of 4 NC700's together.0.jpg

SmileyHug.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back