• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Givi Trekker Outback Panniers for 2013

Those are pretty sweet, almost wish I would have gone that route instead of getting my Honda bags. I do like the Honda's because they have a nice leg cut out so my wife can easily get to the passenger peg, they just don't look as cool as the aluminum. Very Long Way Roundish.

Must be a really recent release. I didn't see any at the GIVI display at Daytona BikeWeek and that was less than a month ago. They look really good.

Looks like the Outback system is full on top load design as opposed to the clamshell/half top opening of the original Trekkers. I'm guessing there are going to be some serious debates coming up regarding which design works best for packing.:)

Bob

I saw these were coming when I got my Trekkers, looks like they are real aluminum cases like Jessie and Zega not aluminum clad plastic. Look for pricing to be in line with the high end bags.

Just contacted the importer of these bags for Canada. They are expecting the 37 l in by mid July. They are probably about 60 or 70 dollars more each bag than the Trax bags....$469 CDN dollars. Pricey but I like that the top lid can come completely off, nod the tie down loops seem easy to access the additional bag liners look like the may work well for carrying the things that I need for work.

http://www.itlcanada.com/itl/servlets/dynamicImages/33b4d/Preview_Givi_2013_EN.pdf

I just ordered a pair of these from the giviusa.com booth at AIMExpo today, including the new bracket for the NC700X. They had an NC700X with them on display and it looked great.

Should be worth noting that 3 other case/bag makers all also had NC700X bikes on display with their wares.

Rick

Those are very awesome looking bags! I could have sworn I saw these or something very much like them at a display booth at our last Bike Show up here. (Jan 2013)

I don't know why I chose the Trax bags over these, but I must have had a reason, I guess. Do these come in black, I wonder?

If not, that and possibly a higher cost would have likely been my reasoning for going another brand. These look pretty darned cool!:eek:

I already have a GIVI trunk and the GIVI 'arms' work with that.

I looked at other vendors and only other arms that worked with the Givi trunk were Shad's. Actually, Shad was the nicest and best "plastic" cases I've seen (better than Givi), but I really wanted real solid aluminum cans that didn't look cheap.

I did talk to Happy Trail and their Teton bag will clip on to the Givi arms with special 'pucks' they sell, so that was another option. But the Givi Alumninum tanks looked much better.

If you think these Givi panniers look great check out the globescout panniers that are sold on advdepot.com. There is a ton of info on advrider about the quality. Here is the kicker, they are right around $1000 including mounts, locks, and brackets. They even come in black, LBS. They are definitely my choice when I decide to pull the trigger and buy a hard bag setup.

http://advdepot.com/globescout

Last edited:
If you think these Givi panniers look great check out the globescout panniers that are sold on advdepot.com. There is a ton of info on advrider about the quality. Here is the kicker, they are right around $1000 including mounts, locks, and brackets. They even come in black, LBS. They are definitely my choice when I decide to pull the trigger and buy a hard bag setup.

Adventure Motorcycle Depot - GlobeScout Panniers

Those are very nice, and very similar to the Givi Outback. Same aluminum thickness, same use of alloy on corners for additional protection, same type of strap connectors. The Givi cases seem a more updated design (with handles on the ends) and a more advanced quick-release/attachment system. But in the end, these cases are almost too similar, I'm wondering if GlobeScout is OEM for Givi (or Givi is OEM for GlobeScout - that may be more likely). Prices are very similar too.

Good news is that with show special, I got a lower price than advdepot is offering, so I am happy with my choice.

I just ordered a pair of these from the giviusa.com booth at AIMExpo today, including the new bracket for the NC700X. They had an NC700X with them on display and it looked great.

Should be worth noting that 3 other case/bag makers all also had NC700X bikes on display with their wares.

Rick

What was the bracket number for the NC700x. Going to the GIVI site and picking " your motorcycle " nothing shows for the NC700x... I got a PL 1111 from TT but did not have a side case in mind. May need to see what will fit on that rack first but it would be informative to know as those Cases look cool.
Thanks Boz

They look, at first glance, to be a bit narrower/taller than the Trax 35 liter bags. That was another concern of mine, I didn't want to go lower or higher with panniers, and the entry width into the bags was important. Any narrower and I couldn't fit some of my gear inside. It's a bit of a tough squeeze as it is with a few of my items already.

Just something to keep in mind.

Back