• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question OEM Locks For 2023 NC750 Panniers and Top Box

RTG919

Reaction score
Visit site
Seems Honda doesn’t ship the locks with the side panniers and top case? So silly! (And hard on my dealer!) Also, I’m finding my key to another 2022 Honda I have, works to open and release the locks perfectly for my 2023 NC 750 panniers and top case. This concerns me that maybe they weren’t pinned correctly? Any clues?

My dealer has done a FANTASTIC JOB of working through the maze of absolutely the poorest of Honda clarity in adding accessories. (I.E. No USA OEM lights for the OEM light bar….)

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
RTG919,
Concerning your second section in your statement above, "i.e. my dealer......." By that statement, am I to believe that you and or your dealer has either found or, has access to the OEM fog/lights that are to be mounted to the OEM light mount bar (Honda does not refer to that bar as a "crash bar") for your model year and possibly earlier model years? And, if that's the case, might they and or you, also have access to the switch and or wiring from that switch to the main harness to activate those lights?
Scott

RTG919,
Concerning your second section in your statement above, "i.e. my dealer......." By that statement, am I to believe that you and or your dealer has either found or, has access to the OEM fog/lights that are to be mounted to the OEM light mount bar (Honda does not refer to that bar as a "crash bar") for your model year and possibly earlier model years? And, if that's the case, might they and or you, also have access to the switch and or wiring from that switch to the main harness to activate those lights?
Scott
Scott,

My dealer was unable to find the OEM lights, though Honda clearly showed them attached to the light bar in the Honda accessories. We determined the catalog, which was dated last year, or may have even been 2021 models, was totally fubar, as we had to dig through the internet to piece it all together. You’d have thought Honda would have a full update for such a popular model.

Hey Sir,
I thank you for your answer here. There's a video out there in Youtube land that shows a foreign gent, can't remember which country, with an NC750X that's called the "Travel Edition". You may have seen that video. Here's a link to it. I really like that seat he's got too. But, you see the factory installed lights he's got.
Scott

Take the locks and key to your NC 750 to a local locksmith. He should be able to key them to work only with your preferred key.

Hey Sir,
I thank you for your answer here. There's a video out there in Youtube land that shows a foreign gent, can't remember which country, with an NC750X that's called the "Travel Edition". You may have seen that video. Here's a link to it. I really like that seat he's got too. But, you see the factory installed lights he's got.
Scott

Thanks man! Yeah….I’m with you on the seat! Thanks!

Take the locks and key to your NC 750 to a local locksmith. He should be able to key them to work only with your preferred key.
The problem I’m having might be an anomaly, as my 2022 Trail 125 key, which is very similarly cut along one side (the other side notch is 2 mm up the key) to my 2023 NC 750 key, is opening the Honda OEM panniers keyed and fit to my 750.

I’m not sure how precisely the pins in locks are set, but the fact that it so easily opened all three; both side panniers, and the top box, concerns me. Taking them back to get them redone by the dealer.

The Trail 125 key, fortunately, did not work in anything on the 750, like the Frunk, or the ignition…

Sounds like the total amount of pins weren’t placed in the cylinders, when setting the locks, to me?

I was wondering if anyone else ever ran across the same “coincidence”.

I may go to the dealer, and see if other in stock bikes, with the same designed key do the same. If not, I just have two Hondas with keys very closely alike.

Clues?

Last edited:
Back