• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Honda?

I react negatively to a lot of the old stuff too. I can't think of any bike I have truly liked the looks of since the early '80s.

Imagine how ugly the NM1, NM2, and NM3 must have been to never have made it into production....

A newly opened dealer here located with frontage on a heavily travelled bypass had one sitting out on the sidewalk facing traffic for a week or so. Then I guess they figured out it was serving as customer repellent so they moved it inside and turned its rear end toward the show window.

If I zip tie two garbage cans to a bicycle it will look a lot more better than this. What is with all that black plastic? It is certainly not designed with human taste in mind. :)

I like this motorcycle. I wasn't sure about it at first but the more I see of it, the more I like it. It is quirky and it is a style and concept that Honda have persisted with, despite previous attempts not being successful. However of the current crop of concept bikes from Honda, this is the one that appeals to me the most. I particularly got interested when I saw a clip of someone riding one. I reckon that you wouldn't have a minutes peace with one though, as it is quirky enough to have all sorts of folks asking questions. If I were ever to be prised off my NC, I would not discount my owning one of these.

When you see it in person and really analysis it I thought that you sit rather low, handlebars at shoulder level and there is a whole lotta mass in from of where your hands are.

I can't imagine the type of rider it might appeal to being able to maneuver this thing, especially at low speeds.

...er....isn't it basically a cruiser? I think you sell quite a lot of those in the States - there's a quite well-known brand, called something like Harold Dickinson, I think...:p

It's called a Vultus over here - pretty cool name and I quite like it - bit of a Batmobile vibe going on... :cool:

It certainly is an excellent example of whatever the hell it is.

or as Abe Lincoln said: "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like". :)

Seriously, looks aside, I would be be very interested in taking one for a ride.

It's not meant for old dudes. Most of them (us) won't like it. But the average age of riders in many countries is increasing. The motorcycle manufacturers want to attract younger riders which these days means automatic transmission (young people may never have driven a manual) and new design concepts.

or as Abe Lincoln said: "People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like". :)

Seriously, looks aside, I would be be very interested in taking one for a ride.

Looks interesting in a recumbent kind of way. I would like to drive one.

While I definitely won't be trading my NC for it, or picking one up as a weekend bike I respect what Honda is doing. They are definitely taking a lot of flack for it and as this thread shows a lot of that flack is derived from "traditional" motorcyclists who are put off by the radical departure from tradition. But, as has been pointed out by the few open minded moto journalists, this bike isn't intended for those who are already riding. It's trying to capture the new generation of riders who don't come with preconceived notions of motorcycling and how motorcycles are supposed to appear. Yes, I've heard the whole anime tie in, but honestly I think it goes far deeper than that. This is the Batcycle and let's face it, Batman's cool. (Well not sure if that will last past Ben Affleck playing him.) Regardless, beyond image this bike has (can have?) a DCT. It sits low and has a very scooter like feel to it. I would guess that will make it much more welcoming to new riders of challenged inseams. Combined with the fact that it defies convention and has neat little whiz bangs like the adjustable color LED dash, I think it was a worthwhile risk for Honda to take. Will it do well here in the states? No, probably not. But, overseas market (particularly Asia) will probably see a lot of buyers. At the end of the day I like what Honda is doing. They're actually taking risks. Far more inspiring to me than Harley continually redressing the Sportster in different ways to try to grab the Hipster market. (This coming from a guy who owned both a Nightster and an Iron 883.)

Last edited:
The NM4 is polarizing the market much in the same way the NC did. When the NC was first announced there were more periodicals written about it than any other bike in recent times. Lots of negative reactions to it as well, but didn't matter in the end when the NC turned out to be a colossal success. I don't see how the NM4 can recreate the success the NC has had at 11k, but it has stirred up a storm. All is good publicity for Honda in the end.

From a practical point of view.... I hope they made those fairings fairly easy to remove and re install. There's very little of the bike showing!

And why am I reminded of the movie TRON!?

Ugly duck but could ride like a swan.I would like to take for a ride,nothing more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It's another motorcycle built off of the NC700 platform so at least the chassis, brakes, and running gear are proven solid, frugal, and will deport themselves well in the handling department. The styling isn't for me but then it wasn't designed to catch the eye of someone in my generation. If it brings a younger more hip buyer into the motorcycle community of riders it's all good. On the ST forum I frequent the NMH4 / Vultus is getting beat up pretty good over the styling and scooterish qualities but then many ST1100 and ST1300 owners are older fellows feeling that Honda has abandoned them and the sport touring motorcycle. This may be true but the NC, CTX, and NMH4 isn't aimed at them anyway. They are aimed at broadening the market and making motorcycles easier to purchase and ride for folks that otherwise would not ever consider a two wheeled conveyance. Perhaps the person that buys a NMH4 today will buy an STXYZ1300 in 10 years and Honda was right after all.

Original question- who would trade the NC for it? It's an apple and oranges type thing.

I saw the same attitude towards the NC over on ADVrider.

There's a thread with over 5,000 posts about the NC. It was interesting to read every 4th page and see the change in attitude as time went along. (The thread started before the NC was available).

It's too short for my frame and looks too scooterish for me -I just hopped off a Burgman and on my NC! I'm really liking the NC despite what some people say about it!

...er....isn't it basically a cruiser?

I think the problem you will have is that you'll be sitting so low and the front plastic/fairing and handlebars are up so high and is so massive you will have no concept for where the front wheel is. I believe it will take a very seasoned rider to maneuver this item well.

They had one at the honda near me but i missed seeing it apparently it sold as soon as it was on the floor. I kind of like it honestly it has the one thing i hated about the ctx, it doesnt have the shiny dildo exhaust. I'd get one in about 3-4 years after i pay my current NC700x off though.

Back