• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Horn

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally decided to go down to the Honda shop and pick up a better horn. I didn't want to change wires or fuses so this PIAA horn said good to go with same circuit as stock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Dang pics always rotating?

The horn you got seems to be everyone's horn of choice. Besides it just looks a lot better than the stock horn. But, I still ain't figured out were Honda moved that darn horn button you.

If the sound comes out of that grill, shouldnt it be pointed the other way, since most sound waves travel in the direction it is sent (same reason you dont hear loud pipes behind you until they are next to you or very close?

oops, my bad, I now see it is coming out the side and not towards the back of the bike (I would still like it to be pointed to the front).

Last edited:
I miss that button all the time! Or I end up hitting the turn signals.

My bmw g650gs had the same configuration so I am used to it in that location. Actually I had 3 bikes, the horn button on all three were in a different location. Heck, even BMW line-up of bikes have turn signals any different location, some of their bikes has a button on each side of the handle bar :-(

David - I could get it to point forward but that would mean I'd have to call Beemerphile, run to home depot or ace get special parts to make it fit. This way was plug and play! 10 minutes and out the door.

Last edited:
I'm partial to the Stebel Nautilus air horn on motorcycles, but it requires adding a relay due to higher current draw and often creative mounting due to larger size. It's a really loud horn!

I've heard lots of good things about those PIAA horns and may go that way on the NC700.

If you never ride in the rain, you can ignore my next statement. It's a good idea to mount horns with the opening facing down to reduce the amount of rain being shot in while riding. I can tell you from experience that rain will rust the internals and then the horn will stop working.

The horn you got seems to be everyone's horn of choice. Besides it just looks a lot better than the stock horn. But, I still ain't figured out were Honda moved that darn horn button you.

I guess, because on the DCT models the down shift button were put down and if they place the horn button beside it, it would cause more problem. That is why I push the horn more times than previously. But I have a good car alarm siren, it sounds good :)

I have been thinking about this too. I like the screaming banshee. But I don't want something that big, or involved to install.

Two questions:
What's the model number you have?
Can it be spun to point straight down, without any mods?

Thanks!

I'll get the model number when I get back home. I did spin the bracket and bent the electrical tabs 45 degrees. I thought straight down might not produce the noise level I wanted so I pointed it outward so I shouldn't get much rain inside. As you know time will tell. I did give it a slight angle downward if you look closely. Guess you cant tell since the pics are all sideways.

I'm still looking at my Stebel on my workbench, trying to figure out a good mounting location on my DCT. One that doesn't look silly.

Here is my Stebil mounted on crash bar.
I-Phone%2520012.jpg

The Twisted Throttle video puts it behind plastic lower left side, butt tight fit and loose some volume behind plastic.

I frequently downshift intending to blow horn.

Back