• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Hudson Valley Rider

kenbolton

Reaction score
Visit site
I took the MSF in Newburgh, NY, in April 2012 and have not been on a bike since.

I purchased a used 2012 NC700X Friday morning after a test ride on Thursday. I rode from the dealership in Freedom Plains down the Taconic Parkway to Hopewell Junction and stopped on 52 to say "Hi" to the friend who encouraged me to buy the bike. I sought back roads, and took Fishkill and East Hooks to Carey Road to Route 9. This i rode south to Fishkill Road into Nelsonville and Cold Spring. A right onto 9D took me north under Breakneck Ridge along the beautiful Hudson River and to the NC700X's new home in Beacon, NY.

Saturday was forecast to be the last reasonably nice day for about a week. I also had errands to run, and with the "frunk" and OEM cases, I could have more substantial materials than some eye-drops for my dog. My trip to Walmart – never been on a Saturday before – required a return visit later in the day. I took this as a sign. I rode south on 9D to the Annesville Circle and looped back north on 9. A left onto South Mountain Pass took me up a steep, wet, rutted dirt road to cross the Appalachian Trail on my way back to 9D. I zig-zagged north across the mountains on paved roads between 9D and 9 until I got back to Walmart. A quick fill-up, then back home to let the bike cool down before covering it until the weather breaks again.

-ken

I took the MSF in Newburgh, NY, in April 2012 and have not been on a bike since.

I purchased a used 2012 NC700X Friday morning after a test ride on Thursday. I rode from the dealership in Freedom Plains down the Taconic Parkway to Hopewell Junction and stopped on 52 to say "Hi" to the friend who encouraged me to buy the bike. I sought back roads, and took Fishkill and East Hooks to Carey Road to Route 9. This i rode south to Fishkill Road into Nelsonville and Cold Spring. A right onto 9D took me north under Breakneck Ridge along the beautiful Hudson River and to the NC700X's new home in Beacon, NY.

Saturday was forecast to be the last reasonably nice day for about a week. I also had errands to run, and with the "frunk" and OEM cases, I could have more substantial materials than some eye-drops for my dog. My trip to Walmart – never been on a Saturday before – required a return visit later in the day. I took this as a sign. I rode south on 9D to the Annesville Circle and looped back north on 9. A left onto South Mountain Pass took me up a steep, wet, rutted dirt road to cross the Appalachian Trail on my way back to 9D. I zig-zagged north across the mountains on paved roads between 9D and 9 until I got back to Walmart. A quick fill-up, then back home to let the bike cool down before covering it until the weather breaks again.

-ken

3.jpg

smileytexan.jpg

Howdy from Texas!

00.jpg

Welcome from PA. It's amazing sometime how easy it is to turn short trips into long rides on the bike. Enjoy your new wheels.

Welcome
I am hoping to bring mine to Red Hook this fall and do some riding along the Hudson and the Catskills. It struck me as a very nice place to ride.
Enjoy your bike.

Welcome from NJ!
Enjoy and please, be careful!!!!
I highly recommend continuing training with some experienced riders in the parking lot for a while. MSF gives you bare minimum and there are many more tricks to safe riding :)

Last edited:
I live in Rockland county, and I ride a lot. Let me know if you want to meet up so I can show you some tips and tricks.

Ride safe and enjoy!

Back