• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New in San Francisco

AdamW

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all--

Just signed the papers today for the DCT model. They're putting a top box and center stand on it, and I'm going out of town for a week, so I pick it up on July 17th. This will be difficult. I don't do delayed gratification very well.

I've been riding a scooter for the last 4 years--an Aprilia Scarabeo 500. It just died. I've been drooling over the Mana for a few years, and even found a good priced one in LA, but decided to go with the Honda. We have a Civic and a Fit and they've been great. The NC700X is cheaper to maintain and repair than the Aprilia, gets better gas mileage, and is cheaper to insure. And, truth be told, the Mana is probably more bike than I need. I feel very good about my decision, and most importantly, my wife approves.

About me: I'm 51, a high school teacher, married, with two adult daughters. I commute 10 miles on the freeway to work and only take the car when it's raining hard. I love the ease & practicality of a motorbike in the City. San Francisco traffic and parking are both terrible. I inherited a 50cc Italjet scooter a few years ago and fell in love with riding. My wife offered me a deal: I quit smoking and I get to buy a freeway-legal scooter. I've been smoke free since October 2008!

I'll be around--

Adam

Hi Adam,
I'm ken. Also in san Francisco. Work on fastrak on all the bridges here in the bay area.
I have a 2013 RED nc700x that I picked up a few weeks back. I ordered mine 3 months ago since I wanted that RED color.

Ken

Welcome from SE AZ. Unless you're doing summer school you'll have 6 - 8 weeks to play with your new toy before you have to go play in the heavy traffic. Don't envy you 20 miles on the freeway every day but, alternately, it is only 10 miles and not more.

Thanks, everyone. Ken, I think I saw your bike at Mission Motorcycles. A red DCT? Really pretty!

CMGuy, my commute is about 15 minutes, half of it on Highway 1, the gorgeous Pacific Coast Highway. There have been many days I wished the commute were longer so I could keep riding. I fully realize I'm a fortunate man....

Thanks, everyone. Ken, I think I saw your bike at Mission Motorcycles. A red DCT? Really pretty!

AdamW,
yeap that's my bike. Thank You about the compliment. I was going to give up and go with bmw if the bike didn't arrive in a few more weeks. I even emailed the dealer to almost kill the deal. Luckily the bike came within a few days of that email.

When I got the go ahead to buy a motorcycle (mom and wife), I researched on which bike to get (bmw, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, etc...). Since I haven't rode in a very long time (since high school), I'm now 53 I took a msf coarse. Honda won out over bmw which was second on my list. So I went to look at the bike at mission motorcycles. I sat on it, and it felt comfy to me. I knew it will come in RED for 2013 model. I ordered the red version with some options like dct, light bar, givi luggage top.

When it arrived, I said to myself "What did I just do??" This bike is BIG....
After riding it a few times, the bike felt smaller and smaller. (reminds me of my boat).

You will love the dct. No thinking about which gear you need to go into. It does it for you. It gets great gas mileage and we all need that.

Ken

Last edited:
Welcome from the East Bay!

I'm starting to wonder how I still haven't seen another NC in the wild yet. There's a lot of us around here!

Back