• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Leo Vince slip-on, what a difference.

MichaelJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
I had really been missing some kind of exhaust note on my bikes since the Zero is a non-player and the stock NC is, well, not much better than the Zero. After much review reading, thread searching and YouTube listening I settled on the Leo Vince slip-on. I like the look of the stock pipe so I went with the stainless steel in the Leo Vince and I think it contrasts nicely with my black bike. Installation was a snap. I left the DB killer in, took a ride and I was pleasantly surprised by the nice new deeper tone...not too loud but definitely a more noticeable, aggressive sound and much improved over stock. Today my curiosity got the better of me and I pulled out the DB killer. Oh my God, I've unleashed a beast. I cranked it up and it let out a roar that really surprised me. I immediately hopped on the bike and went tearing all over town rattling windows and having a wonderful time. I am not usually a fan of loud bikes but once I heard that exhaust sound I couldn't get enough of it. I was shifting up and down and accelerating and decelerating all over the place just to hear the exhaust note and the burbling and popping of the overrun. I'm ashamed to say that at stop lights I even dropped the DCT into neutral just to rev the engine. Yes, I became THAT guy today. I was riding around laughing out loud inside my full face helmet. I had a few things to do this afternoon but I blew them all off to continue riding, I just couldn't resist. I am really surprised at the difference that this exhaust has made. It is almost like a completely different bike. I don't think that there is any performance gain and you shouldn't believe me if I said there was because the pipe has made me giddy. It certainly SOUNDS faster. I will probably put the DB killer back in because right now it really is a bit loud. However, until I do the little boy in me is having a wonderful time.
69fa027af16be7a27cbd589e7d982d5d_zpsf2zkmstd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember years ago when I put an S&S pipe on my CB750. There were no DB killers then. Just a reverse megaphone with absolutely no packing. On reflection it was horrendous.

However I certainly agree that the NC is too quiet as standard.

Beautiful bike mate. My wife's ninja 250 has a two brothers can and she loves to rev it at stop lights. I can't help but smile inside my helmet when I hear her.

I immediately hopped on the bike and went tearing all over town rattling windows and having a wonderful time.

I'm ashamed to say that at stop lights I even dropped the DCT into neutral just to rev the engine.

Congratulations. You have now joined the ranks of motorcyclists who don't mind irritating the public for their own gratification. People will stop in mid sentence and wait for you to pass before they can resume their conversation. At traffic lights, people can stop listening to the radio and will be forced to listen to your bike instead. Children will plug their ears with their fingers as you pass by. City council members will start drawing up the next new noise ordinance. The public's opinion of all mototorcyclists drops another notch. You can have a good time while disturbing the peace of your neighbors.

Last edited:
Congratulations. You have now joined the ranks of motorcyclists who don't mind irritating the public for their own gratification. People will stop in mid sentence and wait for you to pass before they can resume their conversation. At traffic lights, people can stop listening to the radio and will be forced to listen to your bike instead. Children will plug their ears with their fingers as you pass by. City council members will start drawing up the next new noise ordinance. The public's opinion of all mototorcyclists drops another notch. You can have a good time while disturbing the peace of your neighbors.

Mea culpa. Those affected (if any) will just have to get over my one afternoon of indulgence and puerile pleasure. No women and children were harmed and when I got up this morning the world seemed pretty much the same. My neighbors are all bike-friendly and one of them has a Ducati much louder than my bike. My wife works closely with the City Council so I don't think I need to worry about that either. By the way, I didn't really rattle windows - that was just a figure of speech - and the NC isn't as loud as most Harleys and many sport bikes. It is however much different than it was in stock form and that is what I was trying to communicate. Forgive me, I made a little noise and had a good time - it was fun. I may even ride it a few more times before I reinsert the DB killer and I really don't think that I'm going to harm the motorcycle community in doing so.

Take it easy, it's really not that big of a deal.

Glad you had a great time. Don't let any Kill Joys get you down. I have a center stand on my NC700x and am waiting for a exhaust to come out where I don't have to do any modifications ( no mechanic ability what so ever) . So do your thing brother and have a good time. Make some noise, ride around, enjoy life as it's to short not to do so. :eek:

Almost forgot to say. I have a brand new Ford F150 and first thing I did was put on an aftermarket exhaust. Nice and loud !! Do I worry about the neighbors, nope because they all have said " Damn that thing sounds nice "

Last edited:
When they stop loud radios I will think about quiet pipes. Nothing is so irritating than being caught at a traffic light and have someone beside me with a loud radio causing my chest to vibrate and I can't even put my fingers in my ears to help stop the loud noise. Some bike have way to loud pipes it will give you a head ache to be near them.

You really wasted 5 minutes of your life writing up this rant on a motorcycle forum? This is one forum with very responsible and respectful riders/members IMO, very different than most I've been part of. And I've been on forums before they were forums...in the early 90's.

Look man, I live in Milwaukee, and if you want to hear abusively loud motorcycles I don't need to walk but 1/2 a block in any direction to find an HD with straight pipes or inline 4 crotch rocket with barely baffled exhaust systems to show you loud and disrespectful.

An NC with a DB killer removed (or any exhaust flow restriction designed to be removed and installed in minutes) is still baffled well in comparison with many other bikes out there. While its not quiet, its definitely not intrusive or disrespectful to others.

You're clearly a senior member here and should know ridiculing a fellow forum member for something like this is uncalled for.

You really wasted 5 minutes of your life writing up this rant on a motorcycle forum? This is one forum with very responsible and respectful riders/members IMO, very different than most I've been part of. And I've been on forums before they were forums...in the early 90's.

Look man, I live in Milwaukee, and if you want to hear abusively loud motorcycles I don't need to walk but 1/2 a block in any direction to find an HD with straight pipes or inline 4 crotch rocket with barely baffled exhaust systems to show you loud and disrespectful.

An NC with a DB killer removed (or any exhaust flow restriction designed to be removed and installed in minutes) is still baffled well in comparison with many other bikes out there. While its not quiet, its definitely not intrusive or disrespectful to others.

You're clearly a senior member here and should know ridiculing a fellow forum member for something like this is uncalled for.

Your comments are somewhat valid and I take them seriously, but "ridicule" is not the way I saw it or intended it. You're right, though, it was probably a waste of time. When my peace and ability to sleep or carry on a conversation is invaded by loud pipes, I just need to get over it.

Last edited:
He's right, you wasted 5 minutes. Today our roads are full of inconsiderate riders and motorists and no post here will change that. Yesterday morning a bike came up behind me at a stop and I could clearly hear his choice of music pummeling my hearing. I looked back and it was a GL1800. I'm sure he thought at 600 watt stereo was a cool idea for his motorcycle....... I thought his parents never finished the job of raising him and teaching him respect for others before he left home some years ago.

He's right, you wasted 5 minutes. Today our roads are full of inconsiderate riders and motorists and no post here will change that. Yesterday morning a bike came up behind me at a stop and I could clearly hear his choice of music pummeling my hearing. I looked back and it was a GL1800. I'm sure he thought at 600 watt stereo was a cool idea for his motorcycle....... I thought his parents never finished the job of raising him and teaching him respect for others before he left home some years ago.

We have our share of attention deprived riders here also. Let them draw the LEO's attention so I can enjoy my rides in peace.

Thank you. Exactly. I probably exaggerated the loudness of my bike in my first post but that's because it's so much different from stock. I was used to riding a nearly silent bike and the change was striking. I took another ride this morning and it is NOT obnoxiously loud. Yesterday a sport bike pulled up next to me and totally drowned me out. I really don't think I'm bothering anybody.

Edit: I am not attention deprived. I'm just an old gearhead who enjoys the sound of an engine at work.

Last edited:
The LEO question may take this thread of course a little, but its still related I suppose.

Has anyone seen or known someone get pulled over for loud exhaust?

With our very high HD population here, sound enforcement is the same as helmet laws...NOTHING. But yet our DNR enforces noise levels on our off road and snowmobile trails fairly often with a db meter and tape measure. Even with that, I've never known anyone to get a ticket or even a warning.

I also have this same pipe. It came on the bike when I purchased it. It's only really loud under heavy acceleration. Not even close to Harley loud however. The catalytic converter in the headpipe takes a lot of the noise out before it even gets to the muffler. I also tried it with the db killer in and its a little louder than stock. At cruise speed with the dbkiller you can just barely hear it. I am currently running the stock pipe which I like a lot but its the first bike I've had that is sometimes too quiet. It can be difficult at times to hear where you are in the rpm band.

What is clear is that the NC is excessively quiet. The exhaust sound is almost pathetic at tickover.

Just today a cyclist actually swerved out too close to me as I passed him. There was a strong wind coming against him and he clearly hadn't heard me coming up behind him. I have heard pumps and generators that are much louder, but at least you know they are running. I believe Honda have fixed that a little on the newer model 750's, or so that is the suggestion on the mags.

I have no right to comment on the noise portion of the conversation because of my past so I'll just say the can looks good on your bike. I'm glad your enjoying it. I actually enjoy the noise level of the stock NC but that is probably because I'm getting old and have lost half my hearing in my right ear.

Also, off topic. I couldn't help but notice the very well maintained fence in the background. I assume it is yours. You actually stained it. I hate it when people spend all that money on a fence and don't take care of it.

When I bought my nighthawk 750, it had a Vance and home pipe. Sounded great, but on trip the noise was tiring. I found some stock pipes and made the switch. Still a nice bubble.

I love the sound of a Ducati. I sometimes wonder if I would like a can that would duplicate that sound. I nice rumble, not an ear splitting blast.

Back