• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from Michigan

oldwinger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I am here mostly because the NC700 caught my eye as a potential replacement or addition to my current ride. I ride (ok - once it gets above freezing!) about 90 miles round-trip to work every day and the NC looks like it has some cool potential as a commuter/tourer. At any rate, I'll be doing a fair amount of reading and lurking here for a bit, with the possibility of asking a question or two.

I have quite a few years and miles in the saddle, from my Suzuki 185 through '70s and '80s standards, a couple of Gold Wings, and am currently riding a 2009 Triumph Sprint ST with a number of "comfort" farkles.

Pleased to meet you!

Patrick

welcome from ga. you will love the nc, and this forum. lots of great info/tips/tricks and farkles to be had here.

I can relate to your interest in the NC since I also had an 06 Sprint. The Triumph is a smooth powerhouse and I did not want to do anything but go fast because it was such a rush. But after the rush it just left me stressed and impatent in any traffic situation. I would slip through traffic and pass everything in sight, just because I could. Litre bikes are crazy fast and I have a big place in my heart for them all, but I just found myself wanting to slow down and have fun with two wheels in a wider spectrum of situations, not just fast thrills. Last summer I commuted on 250 thumper and I did'nt want to get off, but she was scary on the freeway, shits and gigles. Who knows, I may sell the NC in a year or two. But I can say right now, the NC makes so much sense for all around enjoyment. Welcome from Minnesota Patrick.
BigE

I can relate to your interest in the NC since I also had an 06 Sprint. The Triumph is a smooth powerhouse and I did not want to do anything but go fast because it was such a rush. But after the rush it just left me stressed and impatent in any traffic situation. I would slip through traffic and pass everything in sight, just because I could. Litre bikes are crazy fast and I have a big place in my heart for them all, but I just found myself wanting to slow down and have fun with two wheels in a wider spectrum of situations, not just fast thrills. Last summer I commuted on 250 thumper and I did'nt want to get off, but she was scary on the freeway, shits and gigles. Who knows, I may sell the NC in a year or two. But I can say right now, the NC makes so much sense for all around enjoyment. Welcome from Minnesota Patrick.
BigE

That is why I enjoyed owning the combination of a NC and a Crossrunner the latter now replaced with a CBF1000FA

Welcome, Patrick. I'm fairly sure that you will enjoy the NC, and I can speak with some knowledge about initial uncertainty. I had quite a bit of trouble out of the dickhead scumbag worthless dealer I bought mine from and wanted nothing more than to burn the piece of junk for the first month, but have finally come around after finalizing the installation of all the Honda accessories, and after riding it in dry weather, realized it's a jewel. The folks on this forum are some of the most helpful and friendly people I have ever talked with online. I hope you enjoy being here as much as we do.

Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to learning more about the NC here and getting a good idea of how real people who live with them are enjoying their bikes.

Back