• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from Tulsa Oklahoma

KevinMc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi. I'm Kevin. I live in Tulsa, OK. I am picking up my 2012 NC700X from the dealer on Tuesday I am beyond excited to get it. I took it out for a very short test ride on Saturday, got my financing all squared away but just couldn't take it home on the same day. So, I will be calling as soon as the dealer opens on Tuesday to tell them I will be by after work to pick it up. This is my first full sized bike, I have been riding Scooters for a few years now and love them. The only thing that I cant do on the scooter is long multiple day rides. Yeah, sure I can do them, but it will hurt!

A couple friends and I are planning on a week long ride up to Yellowstone this summer and I think the NC700X will be just fine for it. We will be driving up to Denver, leaving the truck at a friends house then riding from there. But who knows, I may end up hating life after a couple days. It will all depend on how my ass reacts to the seat!

anyway, I figured I would just post up and make my introduction. I am looking forward to putting many thousands of miles on this bike.

Hi Kevin, welcome from Texas. You made a great choice, put some miles on her before your Yellowstone trip, the seat will break in and your ass will survive!

Hi Kevin, welcome from Texas. You made a great choice, put some miles on her before your Yellowstone trip, the seat will break in and your ass will survive!

Trust me, I will be doing as much riding as I can. My truck only get 12mpg, so I ride when ever I can just to save on fuel cost. But, Im sure I will be taking it down to Talimena Dr at least once before the big ride. There are plenty of 100 mile loops that I know of from riding the scooter around north eastern OK. Lots of roads with good mix of twisty roads, hills and straights.

Well, I am going to sign the papers and pick up my bike this afternoon. I'm leaving work in about a hour and heading down to the dealer. Unfortunately, it is rather windy here today and about 45* out. So I think riding the turnpike home might not be such a good idea, but very tempting.

KevinMc;25575 I am looking forward to putting many thousands of miles on this bike.[/QUOTE said:
Kevin,
First off, welcome to the forum. There is a whole bunch of good roads east of you. I'm in Russellville, AR if you ever need anything. Secondly, I would strongly recommend NOT putting your bike on a trailer and driving to Denver. You know you can ride from Tulsa to Denver. The greatest rewards come from doing the whole trip on a bike. Remember, it's the journey NOT the destination. Trust me, you'll regret trailering your bike.
Enjoy it like it was meant to be enjoyed.......by being ridden.
Mike

Mike,

The reason we are planning on driving to Denver is because of the 250 Motard that will be with us and I70 across Kansas and into Denver might kill it. We could do off highway roads all the way up but the goal is Yellowstone and we cant use up (dont want to) all of our vacation time in one trip.

Well in that case I understand. If you haven't already done Beartooth Pass you will not want to miss this road. It is my all time favorite road I've ridden. It is absolutely stunning and very close to Yellowstone. I would highly recommend riding it both ways.
Mike

DSC_0622-XL.jpg

DSC_0637-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe this will inspire you (it's working for me):

Road going up to Independence Pass from the east
DSC_0758-XL.jpg

Pikes Peak
DSC_0046-XL.jpg

Now I'm looking at pictures and dreamin'
Mike

Well, after my first ride to work on the NCX, I decided that at the minimum, I need hand guards! My finger tips feel like they were smashed in a door after riding to work at 6am in 30* temps. Yes, I was wearing gloves as well as Freeze Out thermal liners.

Back