• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello, my name is Chuck. I live in SE Arizona. I just picked up my new NC700X on 10 Aug 2012. I haven't ridden much in all my years, but I look forward to riding a lot. I took the MSF Basic Rider Course about four years ago and got my motorcycle license also, but I am finally getting into riding. I am retired US Air Force and am originally from Northern California. I have been all over the world during my time in the military and have a lot of respect for how safety conscience Europeans are when they ride. Many US people ride without any safety equipment (helmet, pants, boots, gloves) and I think that's stupid. All of the equipment is for your safety, but my biggest concern is all the people out there driving cars that never see a motorcycle. Oh well, time to get off my soapbox. I look forward to learning as much about riding as possible and even more about the NC700X.

Hello Chuck welcome to the den. For your safety rant, make sure you are seen with big yellow jackets (look at the recent post by admin). :p You have chosen wisely your "first" bike after so many years. May you enjoy it as much as I do mine. ~Joe.

Hi, from Semmes, Alabama. Right now I have a Yamaha Venture. Last Aug. I had a grastic by-pass and lost 130 lbs. I'm not as strong as I used to be and cannot hold up the Venture to good a very low speeds and have droped it several times lately. I also teach MSF Safety courses BRC & ERC and riding the Venture sure makes it hard to demo the exercises. I am looking to get a NC700X as soon as I can sell my Venture. Question, what are the length and with and height of the Honda saddle bags. 29 liters does seem small. I am looking at the Givi trekkers, they look to big for the bike. What do you suggest?

Gene

Hi Gene welcome to the forum.
Sorry I can not answer your question as I have the top box (tail trunk?) fitted but not the panniers (saddle bags) so I don't know the dimensions.
I'm sure someone will soon tell you

Welcome TRose. Cogratulations on your recent acquisition. I wish you miles of fun and hope you find the forum helpful.

Last edited:
Hello rocketman24! Welcome to the forum. I'm in agreement with you on the safety gear. Though the helmet laws on the books are inconsistent between states, one can only hope that more riders choose to err on the side of safety. May you have miles of fun on your new ride.

Hi guys! Another Arizona rider joining in! Actually purchased my 700x on July 28th and picked her up on August 3rd. Almost have 300 miles on her so far.

A little about me, been riding for over 15 years, now have 5 bikes total, am also a MSF RiderCoach for the National Guard, bought the 700x for a commuter. First tank of gas yielded 67.5 MPG! Bought the center-stand the day I brought her home (still haven't put it on :eek: ) Hope to see some of you other local riders around sometime.

Big Mike.

Back