• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello to all the awesome NC owners on the forums, my name is Chris. I just recently purchased a brand new 2014 NC700X and found these forums shortly thereafter. I live in Portland, OR. I work at a lube and oil shop. So far I have been enjoying riding my NC. Its great for getting back and forth to work on.

Howdy from Texas!

I'm one of a few from Minnesota on here, and probably the only one who sold a BMW K1200 LT to buy an NC 700. I did it and am glad I did. Great bike.

I'm one of a few from Minnesota on here, and probably the only one who sold a BMW K1200 LT to buy an NC 700. I did it and am glad I did. Great bike.

I traded in my BMW F800ST for my NC, and have never made a happier choice losing thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars, in the process lol. (I was way upside down in my BMW loan, owing almost the entire cost of an NC700X more than the F800 was valued at, on *top* of the higher price for an NCX we pay up here) I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Hello fellow members,

I'm from Burlington, Ontario Canada. Just down the road from Toronto, home of the Toronto Blue Jays (that's a baseball reference)

Annnywho...

At age 57, I've been a riding for a long time but got back into it more actively at age 38. Just purchased a demo 2014 NC750X and I love it!!! At this point in my riding life, the NC is all that I hoped it would be. It's unfortunate that (as I understand it) the bike has not been a huge success in North America. People seem to be really fixated on acceleration and redline. Perhaps at an earlier point in my life, I was too. At this point, I want my adventures to be about the places I go, not so much the bike ride. After 3 days ownership, the bike feels like an old friend. I love how Honda managed to make the NC motor feel like it has a bit of "thump" to it. Reminds me a bit of my 1998 VFR, (one of my favourite bikes). Who knew that all vibration was not created equal! Enough for now.

I look forward to engaging with you, my NC fellowship. Happy riding!

Steve

Hi L.B.S.

Hey fellow Canuck! That's very interesting about the BMW. I was very close to trading my previous bike (2011 R1200RT) on a F800GT. They trade allowance they gave me was brutal so I stepped back and took the time to sell the bike privately (it took 2 days). In the meantime, I went to the Honda dealer to check out the VFR 800. While I was there, I saw the NC for the first time (I'd never heard of it). A took the demo out a day later and bought it on the spot! Don't want to suggest the BMW 800GT is not a good bike, but it was a bunch more money and (in my opinion) quite busy at 130Km/hr. I couldn't believe how smooth the NC was at highway speeds. I added the Honda tour windshield, which for me at 5'8" gives the perfect amount of wind protection. Couldn't be happier!

Steve

Hi. I have been lurking for some time on this forum, and i can see that you guy´s love the NC as much as I do.

I´m 56 years old and have only been riding for the last 15 year, what a waste of life :D .

It´s my third sommer with the NCXA, and I´ve done 21000 km on it so far incl. two trips to the alps and Monte Carlo, and I find that it is a great touring bike.

I have the OEM top case, tall windscreen, crashbar, center stand, Datatool heatet grip, Baas jumper/USB /socket and a Bagster tankbag. I will get the Shad seat next year, but so far I have survived with an Airhawk.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71445446/IMG_1264.JPG

Hello from Columbus Ohio
I'm a new 2015 NC700X DCT owner. This site is excellent and the forum members very helpful. I recently moved to the NC700X from a 2005 ST1300. I honestly don't miss the shifting. I got the NC700X because although I loved the ST it was too powerful and too heavy. I like back roads and a little tiny bit of gravel. That's not the sweet spot for the ST. I'm not a big person and parking lots were not my friend with that bike. I can feel the sensation of speed and the thrill of a corner at 35 mph just the same on the NC as I did at 55 mph on the ST. Too much speed is never a good thing.

Back