• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I currently live in upstate South Carolina in the foothills of the Blue ridge mtns. The BR Pkwy is about 75 minutes away.

Welcome from Athens, GA! I rode through your area (Walhalla) last Saturday. I'm originally from Toccoa and used that as a home base for a ride up into the mountains.

Dear all,

My name is Edwin and I live in a small town in Spain. I might be interested in buying the NC750x DCT in a while.. and for this reason I've joined your nice forum. Also of course because you guys rock. :D

I ride a Kymco DownTown 125 (or Super Dink 125) with only 15HP, which I find too little. I hope to get my motorbike driving licence in the next four months.

Have a good ride.
Edwin

Hey Edwin, and welcome. I joined up before I got my NC. There's a wealth of knowledge here and most of "what counts" is un-biased.
The folks here will be quick to tell you what they like and dislike about the NC.
Of course, you may get a "do a search" comment if you don't...do a search -lol

Hi. I live in Seattle, WA. My main bike (I don't own a car) is a 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650. I hope to buy a Honda NC700X soon and make that my main, get around the county bike and save the V-Strom for longer trips with gear and/or a passenger. But, we'll see how much I like the NC. Maybe I won't need the V-Strom anymore.

In storage I have a Kawasaki Z750S and a Honda 919. I hope to thin the herd, but it will be a tough call which one(s) get sold as I love them all!

Over the years I've owned a Honda Hawk GT 650, a Honda Sabre 700 (or was it 750? I can't remember), a 2006 V-Strom 650, a Yamaha FZ6R and a 2008 BMW R1200GS.

Tomorrow I'm going to make an offer on a 2014 NC700X and I hope to get acquainted with it soon.

Nice to meet you all. I've been hiding in the back reading a lot of what's been posted about the NC700X and NC750X. At first, after reading about the NC750X, I developed "buyer's remorse" even though I didn't yet own a NC700X. But the more I learned about it, the differences between the two bikes became less significant and I'm content to be getting the 700X.

Look forward to chatting with some of you and maybe meeting up with those in my area. Like the guy who tows a trailer behind his ride! Cheers, Daniel

Hi! I purchased my 2015 nc700x dct 8/29, have 300 miles on it so far. I really like this bike alot. Love the dct and the low end torque.My 45 mile commute involves city and highway driving. This bike seems perfect for my needs. Happy to join the forum.

Hi my name is Peet, and I have dandruff...

Jokes aside, I've read this forum alot, my first post though.

I'm from Pretoria, South Africa and have a 2013 NC700. It has 21000 km on and have been using it as a daily commute of about 100km both ways for the past couple of months. Awesome bike.

New guy here but a old motorcyclist. I have owned 30+ bikes in my life and currently own four. I am very impressed with my new to me 2012 NC700X that I purchased early this week. Took a ride to the coast for a over night trip and put 187.3 miles total, came back and filled up 2.59 gal. = 72mpg. I believe this will become my new touring bike.

Hello to all the awesome NC owners on the forums, my name is Chris. I just recently purchased a brand new 2014 NC700X and found these forums shortly thereafter. I live in Portland, OR. I work at a lube and oil shop. So far I have been enjoying riding my NC. Its great for getting back and forth to work on.

Back