• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi, I'm not a motorcycle owner at the present, but I'm shopping and the NC700x is top of the possible list.
I rode a lot during the '70s & '80s, then gave it up until now.
Although my first bike was a Honda CL90, my most significant bikes were a Yamaha RD 350 and lastly a BMW R90S.
I guess after a break of about 25 years, I should consider myself a beginner again, and take a MSF course before test rides.

I'm a born again rider also. I returned to riding about 5 years ago after a 30 absence. Yes, take the course and go ATGATT. It may reduce the spontaneity, but it might literally save your skin.
The NC is my third motorcycle since returning and I find it meets all my needs. I hate to to say this, but it is very practical and well matches the way I ride. My ego wanted something else, but I think the long term prospects of the NC look good.

Hi, I'm not a motorcycle owner at the present, but I'm shopping and the NC700x is top of the possible list.
I rode a lot during the '70s & '80s, then gave it up until now.
Although my first bike was a Honda CL90, my most significant bikes were a Yamaha RD 350 and lastly a BMW R90S.
I guess after a break of about 25 years, I should consider myself a beginner again, and take a MSF course before test rides.

If you restart fast, you will lose your ***.

If you restart slow, stay slow, then you will grow old. Take all the classes again ! Riding a mechanical skill that will return fast.

ok hi im from wigan in uk iv got the nc750x which i use everyday to comute to work on as hgv driver iv fitted heatedgrips skidmarx hugger and tallerscreen just got new tyres p4

One year rider and new to the NC700. Living in the land of Buckeyes. OH-IO for anyone not around here. Just got a sweet deal on a '13 new NC700x and traded in my Royal Enfield Bullet. Hoping the stock seat breaks in a bit over time, otherwise it's time to find a better one. Looking forward to many miles and smiles!

My name is Mike, I'm 60. I picked up a 2013 NC700X DCT with 700 miles on it yesterday. I paid $5400. Feel like I got a decent deal. Been riding for over 40 years, and ride to work every day. I raced for 18 years and have a bunch of orthopaedic issues, so I like automatics. I have the NC700X, a Yamaha Majesty (which I commute on), and a mid-70's Moto Guzzi Automatic. I also have a 2009 Guzzi California 1100 (5 speed) for my long distance touring bike.

I have to make the NC700X fit me or it will have to go. My to do list:
recontour/replace saddle (Sargents?)
relocate footpegs and/or widen footpegs
bar risers
taller windshield
hiway pegs (on crashbar?)
rear tire hugger
front fender extension
hand guards
saddle bags

I'm fairly handy at mods and fabrication, and expect to be sharing my share of tips and mods. Any advice on the above list is welcome. Yes, I know search works, but direct fresh knowledge is best.

Last edited:
Hi to all the forum from Thailand ..Aussie expat riding a ctx dct.
Here for the tech , both to learn and help others out when i can
35 years building , racing and touring in Aus and asia.,

Good to be here !

Hello everyone! I'm William from Arlington, Virginia. I just bought a red 2015 NC700XD. Hopefully it's the bike I keep during my 30s. I've been riding for about 15 years, am a certified motorcycle repair technician, and have owned my own sales/service shop for several years. I have worked the past couple of years as a manager in the automotive maintenance industry. I also enjoy selling online as well.:)

Hello, Everyone! I am from Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA. I have two motorcycles: my 2013 Honda NC700X which I bought new last October; my 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100 which I bought in 2010 from a lady who hardly rode it. I am active in Ride for Kids (Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation). That and my monthly hobby motorcycling newsletter (Midwestern Motorcyclist) helps put on the miles. Like Andy Goldfine of Aerostitch, I try to make my motorcycling purposeful--I do very much less joy-riding as I get older because I find lots more fun using my motorcycles as practical, everyday transportation. Lastly, here's my motto: Ride Safely, Stay Happy, Cherish Your Days.

Hello from Roseville, California!

I own a silver 2012 DCT that I bought at the beginning of May 2015. Perfect condition, with only 7000 miles on it, and I've already put on another 1100 or so. It has an extended windscreen, center stand, OEM topcase and side cases, and I'm loving all the storage. I will resist the urge to make modifications to it like I did to my last bike (2003 Honda Reflex, added underwing lights, lots of misc. lighting, stereo, subwoofer tubes). Although I do have a piece of blue EL wire that might look cool running around the edge of the front trunk lid.

I found it on Craigslist, from a consignment dealer in Grant's Pass, Oregon. I rode a crowded, smelly Greyhound bus up there to get it, and arrived there at 1 am. Had to wait a few hours (some of them at a 24-hr diner) for the dealer to show up, then saddled up and rode it home.

I ride it to work almost every day. So far, I'm really enjoying it. I think I'm due for an oil change and chain lube, though....

Back