• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Greetings from the beautiful Pacific NW, USA. My name is Thom and I am brand new to the forum. In fact, I have just today made the decision to purchase a 2014 nc700x from a local dealer. I am so new to this scene that i still have not even decided between the 6 speed and the DCT! I've done a little lurking and it seems that the forum has a friendly bunch of folks who share a common pleasure -and it would seem to be a great place to get help in making that decision.

The nc is a re-entry bike for me. My last street ride was a brand new cb400f! I suppose that tells you how long it's been since I dropped out of the cycle scene. My wife and I own a small business and I commute 50 miles per day to the shop in my 3/4 ton Dodge pickup. Fuel saving alone will pay for the bike - at least that's how I sold it to her.

Anyway, I look forward to engaging in the fun and the discussions here on the forums.
>Thom

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to riding. Ride both kinds of bikes before making up your mind which one to buy. My dealer let me put the first 8 miles on a CTX700 with the DCT transmission and the first 8 miles on a NC700X standard shift bike. I ride the DCT bike now. Good luck.

Matt here,
I finally got another motorcycle! I started with a ninja 500r then traded for a wrecked ZX6R 2007 and brought it back to life. I rode that bike around for a little over a year and sold it after deciding to make a career change. I promised myself I would get another bike after I got my new job, but a Wife and Child later it took some doing... Finally after 3 years of being trapped in a cage I had the opportunity (and Wife's blessing, lol) to buy the NC700X I had my eye on since it came to be. Funny thing, my Wife and I get along much better now... hmm... My conclusion, get a motorcycle because it is good for your marriage! lol Also, I have a stressful job and there is not a better way for me to decompress after work than simply to ride back home. BTW I got the manual version in black (wish ABS came with manual, oh well) no mods, yet... 1 month, 1 drop (simple mistake, not bad), first service and 720 miles in already!

Welcome to the forum. I started riding 11 years ago because my wife thought at the time that I really needed a hobby, motorcycling was her suggestion.

Thanks for the welcome messages. As a quick followup- I got my gorgeous, new, black 2015 NC700x TODAY! I was looking for a 2014 but my local dealer (South Sound Honda in Olympia, WA) made me great deal on a 2015! I am 62 years old and this was the best vehicle-buying experience of my life. They even had to deliver it since I don't have my mcycle endorsement yet.

I have my training class set for the 25th so, until then, I will have to be satisfied with sitting on it, staring at it, and polishing it. I guess that gives me more time to spend learning cool stuff on the forums. :)

Take care.
>Thom

I have been trolling this site since I got my bike on 14-FEB-15, I figure I should introduce myself. My name is Michael. Originally from New Orleans, but living in Atlanta since 1991.

Started riding motorcycles via motocross for about 10years, then stopped for 10years and picked up my first street bike, 2014 NC700XD/Red just after my MSF class. I use my sled mostly for commuting to/from work in 'D'rive mode due to all the traffic. When I am not commuting, I am in MT (semi automatic transmission)/paddle shifter mode which I thoroughly enjoy. I do not get a chance to ride on the interstates often. I did this weekend and that wind is something fierce.

Due to this site and member commitment for others learning about riding, care, maintenance and enjoyment for the NC700, I've added the center stand (w/pull trick), front fender, rear hugger and just added a brake modulator. I am now getting into farkling? and have ordered [RELAY, SUB-HARNESS, and ACCESSORY SOCKET] after much reading on this site. This stuff is getting expensive!

Thanks for all the help so far and in the future. I hope I can contribute soon!

Hey!

I purchased a 2013 NC700x yesterday, and I'm pretty excited about it.

I've been riding my dad's spare Vespa GTS 250ie for the last year or so, but ever since taking the MSF course I've wanted a motorcycle.

We found this bike on craigslist yesterday - 40 minutes away, 500 miles on it, basically brand new. It already has a center kickstand, bike cover, the service manual, dropped adjustable rider pegs, and bark buster guards which I put on last night.

I paid 5,000 for it which I think is a good deal, since it's basically a new bike. Now I'm just trying to figure out accessories (I purchased an Atlas Throttle Lock so far) and need to practice working the clutch all over again.

edit - I think my next thing to get may be a new windshield, and possibly a storage option - but storage is super expensive so I don't know if that will happen soon.

Picked up my black NC700XDE (anyone know what the E is for? It's on my paperwork) yesterday. I'm tickled pink with her. I call her Bobbie.

I started riding in 2008 with a DL650 V-strom, but sold that after about a year to buy a new house. in 2012 I got a like new 2009 Paiggio MP3 400 (tilting 3 wheeled scooter, Fuzzy on this board has one too) which I traded in yesterday for Bobbie.

I mostly commute, and haven't ever been into the Sunday go for an aimless drive thing, but I've started recently, and am having a great time with it.

I have a center stand on order, and I have a Givi Maxima III top case from the scoot that I will be putting on once my brackets come in.

If anyone is in the NE area of CT send me a PM, and maybe we can set up a ride!

Moving from a PCX150 to NC700X DCT

I've been following this thread for the past couple of months as I was making a decision on the bike to buy. I've been commuting about 15 miles each way on a PCX150 scooter for the past year and loving it. But taking it on the freeways around the Portland area was sketchy, as I would have to be all out on the throttle to keep it at 60 MPH, and got moved around a lot by passing cars and trucks. I've got non-highway routes to get to work, but that's limiting.

Anyway, a few days ago I picked up a 2014 NC700X DCT and really enjoying it so far. I'm planning to keep the scooter at this point, but check back with me in a few months and we'll see if I'm using it enough to justify keeping it. I can already tell that riding the NC700X is going to make me a better rider - I can't "cheat" the steering by turning the handlebars, and taking better lines through turns is necessary.

Looking forward to talking with y'all and sharing experiences.

Alan

I've been following this thread for the past couple of months as I was making a decision on the bike to buy. I've been commuting about 15 miles each way on a PCX150 scooter for the past year and loving it. But taking it on the freeways around the Portland area was sketchy, as I would have to be all out on the throttle to keep it at 60 MPH, and got moved around a lot by passing cars and trucks. I've got non-highway routes to get to work, but that's limiting.

Anyway, a few days ago I picked up a 2014 NC700X DCT and really enjoying it so far. I'm planning to keep the scooter at this point, but check back with me in a few months and we'll see if I'm using it enough to justify keeping it. I can already tell that riding the NC700X is going to make me a better rider - I can't "cheat" the steering by turning the handlebars, and taking better lines through turns is necessary.

Looking forward to talking with y'all and sharing experiences.

Alan

Welcome to the forum. The DCT version of this great bike is a hoot to ride.

Picked up my black NC700XDE (anyone know what the E is for? It's on my paperwork) yesterday. I'm tickled pink with her. I call her Bobbie.

I started riding in 2008 with a DL650 V-strom, but sold that after about a year to buy a new house. in 2012 I got a like new 2009 Paiggio MP3 400 (tilting 3 wheeled scooter, Fuzzy on this board has one too) which I traded in yesterday for Bobbie.

I mostly commute, and haven't ever been into the Sunday go for an aimless drive thing, but I've started recently, and am having a great time with it.

I have a center stand on order, and I have a Givi Maxima III top case from the scoot that I will be putting on once my brackets come in.

If anyone is in the NE area of CT send me a PM, and maybe we can set up a ride!

Welcome to the forum. I looked at the MP3 as a possible purchase and chased down and quizzed two owners here in Vermont. I've never ridden it but know someone who had one over a weekend as a loaner bike. He loved it and said it was amazing how it handled sandy corners and other road hazards.

Hi, my name is Ken. I live about 25 miles North of NYC. I've been a member since last fall, but was unaware of the new memeber welcome. I've been riding for about 6 years. I originally bought a 2009 Yamaha Majesty 400cc which is a lot of fun and very practical (lots of storage) except for the small wheels when you hit a road seam or pot hole. I commuted over 20 miles daily on it weather permitting. When the NC 700 came out it was just the step up I was looking for, I got the DCT. I still have the Yamaha and keep it at my summer house. The NC has been great and I take it out every chance I get. Safe riding....

Greetings from Virginia.

I have been a fan of the New Concept from about early 2013. This was when I first got back into researching MCs. I had a 15 year break in riding.

I picked the DR650 as my touring. MC.

I may buy used after the riding season is over. I commute via a MC yearly.

I would be interested in doing some suspension and front wheel rim size mods for an Alaska tour in a couple of years and to have a good all rounder.

I will do some reading and more research here before posting on an already created thread.

Have a good'n

Edit: I signed up here a while back. I never got a confirmation e-mail, so I never posted.
I tried to login and it worked.

Last edited:
Back