• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi my name is Piet, bought my first bike(2012 NC700X) 2 weeks ago at the ripe age of 44, still getting the hang of it, but loving every minute. Can't wait to go home in the afternoon just so I can go ride on my bike :)

Welcome Piet! :D

oof, look away for a second and new arrivals galore happen! :eek:

Belated welcome to bigkahoona, Ron, Jer Factor, pipsqueak, Joseph and slim! :cool:

Last edited:
Hi, folks! I'm a longtime motorcyclist with a series of Honda cruisers. My current ride is an 03 Honda VTX1800 Retro which I love and is in fine shape. But for the first time in a decade, I am thinking of a new ride: The NC700X! Since I do a lot of research before a purchase, I thought I would login and learn from you good people. My vision for the NC700X is primarily riding alone, 99% onroad... but I kinda want to dress up the NC to at least be able to (and look like) it could take off down a gravel, dirt or even mud road! I am interested in your experiences with heated grips, with aftermarket accessories like grip guards, engine guards, skid plates, accessory fenders for rear wheel, light bars, etc. I am definitely looking at the Honda hard cases rear and side, and the tall windscreen. Probably some adjusted driver footpegs as I am six five feet tall. The biggest change would be the smaller engine, the chain drive (I've always had a shaft drive), and using the "frunk" and the rear gas fill. Anyway, thanks for any wisdom you might send my way. Thanks, AC

Hello from Manitoba

After having no bike for 25 years I succumbed to male menopause and bought a 2014 NC750XA. I recently moved 100K north of Winnipeg to the lake area so I plan on using the bike for trips to the city, highway touring, and for exploring the gravel roads locally and afar. We shall see how I get on with it.

I relied heavily on the knowledge found in this forum and others when making the buying decision and hope to share what knowledge I can (once I gain some).

Good to meet you all electronically.

Dean

Hello from Manitoba

After having no bike for 25 years I succumbed to male menopause and bought a 2014 NC750XA. I recently moved 100K north of Winnipeg to the lake area so I plan on using the bike for trips to the city, highway touring, and for exploring the gravel roads locally and afar. We shall see how I get on with it.

I relied heavily on the knowledge found in this forum and others when making the buying decision and hope to share what knowledge I can (once I gain some).

Good to meet you all electronically.

Dean

Howdy from Texas!

Greetings from Florida!

I'm Ernan and I work in advertising. Have been doing it for about 15yrs...wow time fly. Becuase time goes so fast i thought I should catch it. and what better tool for the job than a motorcycle!

Started riding dirt bikes in my teens in my home country (Dom.Rep.) then move to the States when I was 20yro. Since I got here I haven't ridden a motorcycle, until i woke up one day and thought, why not? And picked up a really low mileage 2012 Ncx manual (less than 2k miles) at a really good price. Couldn't let it pass. Now I've been riding for about 3 months everyday to work.

After the first week of riding, I had the idea of shipping the bike to South America and then riding it back, looking online now I realized it's completely doable and there is a lot of people who do it every year. So now i m planning my trip and I think this motorcycle would be great for it, just haven't had the chance to convince friend to join yet and my wife is terrified of motorcycles. Well, thought this cool be a good start. Anyone interested?

Welcome Ernan, you're sure to enjoy that ride. I have no desire to leave this country. There's so much I haven't seen here, I'll be busy for a long time. Glad to have you aboard!

Hello all
I am from a small town west of Portland, Oregon. I just picked up a new old stock 2014 x at a significant discount. I have about 1600 miles on her and need a new tire already. I am using the bike as a daily commuter, and loving every minute of it. That is after I put a proper windscreen on.

Thank you all for being here.

Hello, Ernan and smoky. Glad to have you on our forum!

Greetings from Florida!

I'm Ernan and I work in advertising. Have been doing it for about 15yrs...wow time fly. Becuase time goes so fast i thought I should catch it. and what better tool for the job than a motorcycle!

Started riding dirt bikes in my teens in my home country (Dom.Rep.) then move to the States when I was 20yro. Since I got here I haven't ridden a motorcycle, until i woke up one day and thought, why not? And picked up a really low mileage 2012 Ncx manual (less than 2k miles) at a really good price. Couldn't let it pass. Now I've been riding for about 3 months everyday to work.

After the first week of riding, I had the idea of shipping the bike to South America and then riding it back, looking online now I realized it's completely doable and there is a lot of people who do it every year. So now i m planning my trip and I think this motorcycle would be great for it, just haven't had the chance to convince friend to join yet and my wife is terrified of motorcycles. Well, thought this cool be a good start. Anyone interested?

Howdy from Texas!

Well, I'm not new here, but been offline for a while. Real life matters, moving to a new place, renovation etc.
Hopefully I'll be here more often from now on :)

Cheers to all new people joining happy NC owners' world! :D

Hi I'm Larry. I'm from the Seattle area and have been riding all my life. My first "car" was Honda CB360 at 18...
I've had a few bikes over the years and currently have the 2015 NC700 DCT as the "me bike" and a 2008 K1200LT as the "we bike". As most of my riding is just commuting to work on residential streets, I'm loving the DCT!

Back