• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hey y'all, new to the forum, but enjoyed all the great post. After selling my crf250l, I bought a used 2012 NC, and I'm loving it. I've had to re-train myself on counter steering coming from the CRF. I live in Charlottesville VA and fly planes for a living. The NC I bought has full luggage and a Honda touring windshield. Previous owner shaved some foam off the back side of the seat which leaves little cushion, making me sore after a short ride. Anyway I'm going to try the Shad seat because I'm planning a ride through the blue ridge next month.

Congratulations on the new to you motorcycle and welcome to the forum, I have the same setup minus the rear trunk, thanks to the PO of my motorcycle

Hello there!
New owner of 2014 NCx dct with 850miles on the clock. New rider too in Bay Area,California.
Bike was sitting idle for past one year with the previous owner.
Just getting ready for it first service of oil & clutch filter change. Think it needs noting more than that.
Felt good riding it back 35miles to its new home .
Forums has tons of information for newbies like me.
Hope it will serve me well for the dreadful commute I'm going through across the bay.
Thank you very much for all the contributors.
Happy riding

d120582d7c41ab0823634b18eaa61965.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello there!
New owner of 2014 NCx dct with 850miles on the clock. New rider too in Bay Area,California.
Bike was sitting idle for past one year with the previous owner.
Just getting ready for it first service of oil & clutch filter change. Think it needs noting more than that.
Felt good riding it back 35miles to its new home .
Forums has tons of information for newbies like me.
Hope it will serve me well for the dreadful commute I'm going through across the bay.
Thank you very much for all the contributors.
Happy riding

d120582d7c41ab0823634b18eaa61965.jpg

Welcome to the forum, nice bike, it looks good in black. (My 2012 is silver) Where in the bay area commuting. I lived in the bay area most of my life. Now I live in Los Banos and commute to Morgan Hill

Welcome to the forum, nice bike, it looks good in black. (My 2012 is silver) Where in the bay area commuting. I lived in the bay area most of my life. Now I live in Los Banos and commute to Morgan Hill

From Eastbay to foster city over windy San Matio bridge.
Pls give some tips crossing that bridge on a windy day :(

Take your time, don't have any unnecessary distractions and don't split lanes on the bridge unless traffic is at a stand still and you have room, in which case still go slow and take your time. Is this your first time riding on the street? I would recommend staying in the number 1 lane (far left) and keeping up with traffic, then you just have to worry about the cars in front, behind and to your right and people expect motorcycles to be in the fast lane anyway so your more noticed (slightly). Good luck, ware your gear and ride safe

Hi from Northwest Arkansas. I bought my NC700X back in the spring and really enjoy it. I mainly commute back and forth to work. I have been on a few short trips and hope to go on a longer trip soon w/ my dad who rides a GoldWing. I'm in need of windshield and a seat. The seat kills me after an hour or so. I had a Kawasaki Versys several years ago and loved it as well. Looking forward to keeping up with things on the forums.

Hi,
Newbie to the forum, long time bike commuter. I was going to advise my favorite technique for avoiding "440 Speedway" in Nashville...find the backstreets...but there "ain't none" on that route (thank you Google maps);)

Double on what Rippin said. Keep your head on a swivel and move around in the lane some to "hopefully" get the drivers to notice.
The wind; on interstate trips, I've used cars for "windbreaks" before. Just try to stay visible.
I remember going across a levee road in Mississippi once...steady wind from the left, across the fields at about 30mph. It was like riding a 70mph sweeper in a straight line for about a mile...:rolleyes:

Rubber side down,
Bill

Hi

Phil from Vancouver BC Canada, 48 if it ever matters (not to me).

Riding since April this year and got my driver license in July.

Already planning a RTW trip possibly before the end of the year which I posted about in the NC750 general thread.

Did I mention I have a brand new 2015 NC750XA as my first bike ever? Great bike, I love it. Already 4000+ km ridden, since I've been commuting daily since April + 1 trip to Kelowna BC and back, some track training at Pitt Meadows BC...

Glad to be part of this NC owners group!

Cheers
-phil

Last edited:
Hi, from Ensenada mexico, house of the baja 1000 and baja 500 off road races. I am 45, i love off road and my nc700x does it fine, but i would like to have more feedback about improving the nc700x off road performance, thanks for adding me!

Hi, from Ensenada mexico, house of the baja 1000 and baja 500 off road races. I am 45, i love off road and my nc700x does it fine, but i would like to have more feedback about improving the nc700x off road performance, thanks for adding me!

Welcome from Canada, Kadistu.

I had the same curiosity as you with off-road, I think first step may be to swap tires, most commonly used seem to be TKC-80 (Continental) which are 50-on/50-off and Shinko 705 (80/20). I'm planning to go for the shinkos despite the slight size issue for the rear wheel... There are a few threads about tires, inclusive one with a list of all possible tires that work for the NC (can't find it now)

Cheers
-phil

Greetings,

I just picked up my almost new 2014 red NC700X.
It was one of those planets lining up moments.

1700 miles, with a Yoshi slip on, clean and what a price I got it for.

My second Honda street bike after I had a 1983 CB1000 custom (with the hi-lo transfer).

I ride mostly dual sport, but want to try my hand at adventure/sport touring.

Looking forward to contributing.

Currently I have a KTM 950 super enduro, a Husky TE 610, and now the NC700X.

Cheers,

Marco

There are a few of us that ride off-road. Protection, skid plate, crashbars, etc are first. Tires second. Front being 17" limits the choices. TKC80 is the most aggressive tire that fits. Rear has a much wider selection. On the rear you do have to change from the stock size to a slightly taller size but that isn't a big deal. We have an easy mod for giving the front fender a lift for more clearance. Suspension is next. A few options there like RaceTech gold valves in the front and several options on rear shock. Also some of us have installed fork extenders for more ground clearance and you can raise the fender higher. Poke around and ask questions if you can't find what you are looking for.

Welcome from Canada, Kadistu.

I had the same curiosity as you with off-road, I think first step may be to swap tires, most commonly used seem to be TKC-80 (Continental) which are 50-on/50-off and Shinko 705 (80/20). I'm planning to go for the shinkos despite the slight size issue for the rear wheel... There are a few threads about tires, inclusive one with a list of all possible tires that work for the NC (can't find it now)

Cheers
-phil
Careful with messing with wheel size if you have a DCT I hear it does wonky stuff if you change gear ratios or tire sizes

Howdy from Texas. Riding on Baja Mexico Hwy 1 pavement because of the wind, is often like riding the the dirt. Some beautiful places to visit in your part of the world. The utimate dirt ride is Copper Canyon! Have fun!!!!

Thanks, i already installed crash bars, wide footpegs, handguards, tkc80 front, kenda big block rear,akrapovic exhaust, tall winshield, top box, i am saving to buy skid plate, can not just go crazy buyng stuff for the bike. My idea, since showa makes the nc suspension, is to find out which off road bikes use the same 41mm chrome tubes but slightly bigger and then test all the other components and set ups i am tryng to take it easy, but i have owned my bike for only a month and a half and it seems that i can not stop! tanks again, Phil.

Hi, thanks, what would the most noticeble change be if i install the race tech gold valves? Will the fork extenders endure off road use(vibration)? Of course i want more travel, but if i could achieve that floating piont that dirt bikes have i would be happy, thanks Bamamate

Hi, thanks you are welcome to come back! you have a friend in baja now. The truth is that the way our paved roads are is like riding enduro, yes for those who had never seen one, we are infested with pot holes...Did you rode your nc through cooper canyon? thanks saludos..

Last edited:
Back