• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello from South Carolina! I have ordered a 2017 NC700X DCT from my dealer, who is now impatiently waiting for Mother Honda to ship. I currently ride a Honda ST1300 (10 awesome years of traveling),and, at the other extreme, a Suzuki TU250 (fun bike!). Both will be put to pasture to make way for my new NC. Looking forward to that DCT, which I rode every day for a week in Vermont this summer, courtesy of American Honda Demo Team. Also test rode the Africa Twin DCT, an awesome machine! But, since I am strictly a street rider, the Africa Twin was not on my list. Looking forward to being part of this forum.
/
Bob, did the dealer give you any idea when the 17's will ship? I'm about to pull the trigger myself and order one if the wait isn't forever.

/
Bob, did the dealer give you any idea when the 17's will ship? I'm about to pull the trigger myself and order one if the wait isn't forever.

IIRC, last year I was one of the early receivers of the '16 and picked it up April 23rd. They started showing up further south within a few weeks.

Hello from South Carolina! I have ordered a 2017 NC700X DCT from my dealer, who is now impatiently waiting for Mother Honda to ship. I currently ride a Honda ST1300 (10 awesome years of traveling),and, at the other extreme, a Suzuki TU250 (fun bike!). Both will be put to pasture to make way for my new NC. Looking forward to that DCT, which I rode every day for a week in Vermont this summer, courtesy of American Honda Demo Team. Also test rode the Africa Twin DCT, an awesome machine! But, since I am strictly a street rider, the Africa Twin was not on my list. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Welcome to the forum from Vermont. What the heck is the American Honda Demo Team?

Good Morning. My name is Arthur, living here in New Brunswick, Canada. I am considering the purchase of a 2015 NC750XA (new at dealer). I currently own a couple of Honda PC800s, one of which I rode from here across Canada to Vancouver Island and back summer of 2015. PC800s are my favorite bike to date however they are getting a bit old and harder to get parts so I am looking for something new for my next couple of planned longer journeys. Basically have narrowed down the choice to the NC750X or a 2015 Vstrom 650(also new at the dealer). My heart is telling me the NC750X but my head is not too sure. Planning to read through this site this weekend and gain from the experience of folks here on touring and outfitting the NC750X. I am 5'8" so also looking to see if there is any info on the advisability of lowering the bike. Thanks folks.

Welcome to the forum from Vermont. My last bike was a 1995 PC800.

Welcome to the forum from Vermont. What the heck is the American Honda Demo Team?

It's an 80ft trailer that can show up at events fully loaded with Honda's current line up of bikes (per event type, e.g. street bikes for a street event). All of the bikes are available for demo rides, and not just around the parking lot! You can usually schedule multiple rides on various bikes of 15-20 miles each. They usually also offer extended rides too etc. with a lead rider selecting routes to really show off the bikes capabilities. Apparently it's quite difficult to get Honda to show up at events, for obvious reasons (it's not a cheap endeavour). The MSTA tried for numerous years to get Honda to bring the team to their main annual event, STAR, which is held West > Mid > East in rotation each year. In 2016 it was in Vermont and Honda decided to show up!! They had the NC700X there as well as a lot of their other bikes.

Article

STBob's report of the event including the NC700X demo ride

It's an 80ft trailer that can show up at events fully loaded with Honda's current line up of bikes (per event type, e.g. street bikes for a street event). All of the bikes are available for demo rides, and not just around the parking lot! You can usually schedule multiple rides on various bikes of 15-20 miles each. They usually also offer extended rides too etc. with a lead rider selecting routes to really show off the bikes capabilities. Apparently it's quite difficult to get Honda to show up at events, for obvious reasons (it's not a cheap endeavour). The MSTA tried for numerous years to get Honda to bring the team to their main annual event, STAR, which is held West > Mid > East in rotation each year. In 2016 it was in Vermont and Honda decided to show up!! They had the NC700X there as well as a lot of their other bikes.

Article

STBob's report of the event including the NC700X demo ride

Fortunately, Honda always brings this truck to the annual WingDing. And even better, few people riding in on Goldwings are really interested in trying out the other models that Honda brings along. Consequently, the crowd at the Honda truck is light, and I usually get on one ride after another and sample most of what they brought that year. I think last year I rode the CB500F, VRF1200X, NC700XDCT, Africa Twin, GL1800, CTX700DCT, NM4, and maybe a couple more I forgot.

The article linked above also mentions the lunch run. It's approximately two hours long and includes a lunch stop, where Honda buys you (and your co-rider) a lunch at a local favorite restaurant. Usually they only allow you to participate in one lunch run per event, but last year at Billings, Montana, they allowed me and my wife to go twice! On one lunch run we rode the Africa Twin two up. The other time we just took a GL1800. None of the cruisers or sport bikes have anything resembling a passenger seat.

Two people (Doug? and Becky) run this operation as a separate business contracted by Honda.

Last edited:
Hello, I am a new NC owner and am enjoying the forum and all the good information.

I just bought a new 2013 NC700XD. You read that right, it had less than 700 miles, mostly demo rides and came with a new warranty.
Two years ago I traded a 2004 Wing to a 2007 ST1300A with a planned trip coast to coast. 4 days before departure a large patch of
gravel at an intersection put me and my 1993 CB750 on the ground and separated my collar bone. No riding for a year.
A friend has been talking about how much he likes his NC so I finally decided to take a NC with DCT for a ride and really enjoyed it.
I was able to work an even trade of my ST for the NC and I am a happy camper. The ride home was 60 miles and I really enjoyed
the bike. So, I am happy I traded and happy to be a part of the forum. Now I am waiting for the weather to warm a bit so I can get
in some long rides. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will add some.

IIRC, last year I was one of the early receivers of the '16 and picked it up April 23rd. They started showing up further south within a few weeks.
Talked to the dealer today and he confirmed about the same timeframe - late April to early May. I'll be taking my first trade bike in tomorrow to get the ball rolling.

Well, decision made. Today I purchased a new 2015 NC750XA from the dealer. Looking forward to getting it home and hopefully riding weather is not too far off.

Hey guys, Steve here. I was an avid motorcyclist for about 20 years. About 10 of that was spent on 1 wheel and being dumb. (Ahh the stupidity of youth) I'm 45 now, and decided to commute to work on a bike and also do a little exploration on the weekends. I wanted a sensible bike that was not a 200mph rocket, could take my work supplies and extra clothes and was reliable. It also had to fit my limited budget. After googling bikes for weeks I came across the NC700X and started searching for a deal. I found a 2014 with only 433 miles for just around $4000 and pounced. Bought it Saturday, have to wait to pick it up as it snowed that day. Should be in my hands on Friday if the weather holds... Looking forward to a season of riding to work and getting in some weekend rides maybe even some dirt roads and trails (If I can get some knobbies later on)

Cool forum. Lots of useful info!

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 101
Hey guys, Steve here. I was an avid motorcyclist for about 20 years. About 10 of that was spent on 1 wheel and being dumb. (Ahh the stupidity of youth) I'm 45 now, and decided to commute to work on a bike and also do a little exploration on the weekends. I wanted a sensible bike that was not a 200mph rocket, could take my work supplies and extra clothes and was reliable. It also had to fit my limited budget. After googling bikes for weeks I came across the NC700X and started searching for a deal. I found a 2014 with only 433 miles for just around $4000 and pounced. Bought it Saturday, have to wait to pick it up as it snowed that day. Should be in my hands on Friday if the weather holds... Looking forward to a season of riding to work and getting in some weekend rides maybe even some dirt roads and trails (If I can get some knobbies later on)

Cool forum. Lots of useful info!

Run your VIN at this website to see if the bike has outstanding recalls:

Recall Information - Honda Powersports

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Come on down to North Carolina in May. Some of the NC's are getting together for some riding and lie telling.

Can't beat the territory. FS roads are available .

I agree with Green Dot that dirt roads are no problem. People use "off road" to mean a dirt or grass road, but those can be ridden on a Gold Wing. Here is my DCT on some easy off roading.

YouTube

I have mine rigged up with a skid plate and crash bars, but they are not necessary for a dirt two track road. Mine are more anti gravel protection.

Here are my mods:

YouTube

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

Just purchased a NC700x and I'm still waiting to pick it up from the dealership. It's been in the 20's here in Jersey but I'll be bringing it home within the week. It's a 2014 leftover with no miles on it being stored in the back of the dealership. Got a great deal on it. Hope to maybe meet some guys to ride with on this site. I've been riding all of my adult life but stopped about 5 years ago when my Aprilia just needed to much work to dump any more money into. It had about 80k miles on it. Anyway, this was purchased more as a commuter bike and to get back into riding because I miss it so much. Have a great day guys!
Jon

Back