• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I'm mikerbike . I've had that username since I rode BMWs for years, especially R bikes. I am a semi-retired social worker in south central Pennsylvania. I just off-loaded a Concours14 and a 500 Ninja that was my commuter bike and bought an NC700XDC. I've been riding since 1966, commuting, touring and romping. At the age of 68, I've decided it's time to downsize a bit and slow down. I never expected to ride a bike with no clutch lever and I still catch myself squeezing air with my left hand. Haven't put many miles on the NC, yet because I've been a little busy but I'm enjoying it. I'm not a big farkler but I just put on a base to carry my trusty Givi top case when I need groceries.

I really enjoy this forum. I'm glad it's international, open minded and no one is abusive or obscene. Some forums are just not pleasant.

Hi Mikerbike Welcome to the forum. I used to enjoy my airhead Beemers especially my R90/S. Not so keen on the Ks though. Anyway enjoy your NC

Hi folks,
I'm a potential NC owner so joined the forum today. Based near Sandwich, Kent, UK, I currently own a Honda 750cc Africa Twin and a few other bikes. The Africa has been a year-round commuter for 10 years and it may soon be time to let it retire and lead an easier life :) Took the 700X out for a test recently, both the manual and the auto versions, and I have to say I really liked the auto (albeit found myself wanting to change down on some occasions when slowing to a halt!). However, I'll guess I'll probably end up with the manual version as I suspect there's probably less to go wrong over the long term.

Hello Mark
welcome!
AT and NC700x are 2 totally different bike. I'd say that having the AT is a privilege and a hard habit to break. The NC however, is also refreshing. I hope you will ride one soon.
:D
~Joe

I'm mikerbike . I've had that username since I rode BMWs for years, especially R bikes. I am a semi-retired social worker in south central Pennsylvania. I just off-loaded a Concours14 and a 500 Ninja that was my commuter bike and bought an NC700XDC. I've been riding since 1966, commuting, touring and romping. At the age of 68, I've decided it's time to downsize a bit and slow down. I never expected to ride a bike with no clutch lever and I still catch myself squeezing air with my left hand. Haven't put many miles on the NC, yet because I've been a little busy but I'm enjoying it. I'm not a big farkler but I just put on a base to carry my trusty Givi top case when I need groceries.

I really enjoy this forum. I'm glad it's international, open minded and no one is abusive or obscene. Some forums are just not pleasant.

Hi Mikerbike
Welcome.
:D
~Joe
PS: I ditto your wish, lets keep this forum HAPPY.

Hi to you all from an unusually sunny South Wales. I sold my Suzuki GS750 some 33 years ago and resorted to 4-wheels....and regretted it ever since. About a month ago I went out with a view to reaquainting myself with 2 wheels and fancied a Transalp..... always have, however I tried out the NC700X and bouht one there and then. Am enjoying the experience and have been impressed with the forum so I registered today and thought I'd introduce myself. Hi to you all.
Hi Relayer
welcome!
~Joe

Hi! My name's Rick and I live in Rio Rancho, NM. Been riding since I was 16, started on a XL125, went to an XL250 in 1980. Got away from motorbikes to pedal power for 30 years when I broke down and got a GS500. Let it go a couple of weeks ago and now I have a NC700X. Looked for awhile, thought about the KLR, WeeStrom and GS800. Saw the NC and knew I had found my bike. Getting the light bar, rear rack and centerstand when they come in. Planning on some sort of Barkbusters, primarily to keep my hand from freezing. I'll be checking the forums for ideas on lights for the light bar. Good to be here looking forward to putting lots of smiles on Sylvia.

Hi All, My name is Gary, I am 49 have been riding off & on since I bought my first bike at 14 '73 Yam CT1? currently have a couple of CX 500's (commuters) and my '94 VFR which I picked up in May 06 with 21k on her she is now at 92,573. I am picking up a NC on Sunday !!! Then I will be looking into picking up bags/top case very soon. The bike intrigues me, I haven't even seen one up close yet. My significant other does not like commuting on the 80 CX "its ugly" It has a Vetter Windjammer III on it and it is a pig. So instead of commuting on the VFR I thought it would be nice to have hard bags! Looking forward to being a productive member here, I frequent vfrdiscussion.com also. THank you for the site and all the info!!

Considering the NCX

Hello, my name is Mark. Just joined the forum because I am strongly considering the NCX as a daily commuter. I currently ride an 07 VFR 800 and I am a little concerned about the lack of power and fairings with the NCX. Anymore, I only use the bike as a work commuter and I'm looking for something a little more comfortable. My ride is 90+ miles roundtrip, half of that is highway at 75+ mph. How is the wind protection/buffeting at highway speeds, I'm 5'7"? I sat on one at the local shop, feels comfy but you never know until you get her out on the road... I really appreciate everyone's input.

Hello, my name is Mark. Just joined the forum because I am strongly considering the NCX as a daily commuter. I currently ride an 07 VFR 800 and I am a little concerned about the lack of power and fairings with the NCX. Anymore, I only use the bike as a work commuter and I'm looking for something a little more comfortable. My ride is 90+ miles roundtrip, half of that is highway at 75+ mph. How is the wind protection/buffeting at highway speeds, I'm 5'7"? I sat on one at the local shop, feels comfy but you never know until you get her out on the road... I really appreciate everyone's input.

Hi Welcome to the forum. I do a 76 mile round trip on my commute most at motorway speed simular to yours. Bike is fine at 80-85 MPH and at 5' 9" I find that the Honda touring screen helps with wind blast. My other bike is a VFR800X Crossrunner which is a more upright version of your bike. I think that the only thing you will miss from the VFR is the acceleration.
I hope this helps

Hi Mark
welcome to the den.

Option1: Read more here and wait til Eureka moment
Option2: believe in your gut feelings and buy one

I took option 3, I bought one after 10 mins and THEN looked for a forum to brag about it....
:p
~Joe

Back