• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello All, I'm Jim from central Arkansas. I've been riding an FJR1300A for the past six years (That explains the username and avatar :). I mostly ride locally for my commute of 25 miles round-trip and some occasional jaunts in The Natural State. I sold the FJR earlier this year and found a nice used NC three weeks later. The bike came with a few nice farkles, and I'm currently researching lighting and luggage options. I've only ridden 50 miles on it so far, and my first impressions are that I'm going to really like this bike!

Hello All, I'm Jim from central Arkansas. I've been riding an FJR1300A for the past six years (That explains the username and avatar :). I mostly ride locally for my commute of 25 miles round-trip and some occasional jaunts in The Natural State. I sold the FJR earlier this year and found a nice used NC three weeks later. The bike came with a few nice farkles, and I'm currently researching lighting and luggage options. I've only ridden 50 miles on it so far, and my first impressions are that I'm going to really like this bike!

CONGRATS on being part of the NC700X Phenomena and Welcome Aboard!!! Greetings for SoCal...

I'd recommed LED driving light and a headlight. Check out my post within this Tread, in post #12 shows the light shread of the LED H4 Bulb reffered to in this Thread.

In the meantime, say "Hello" to NaNCy...

Attachments

• NC700X_1.jpg
    NC700X_1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3498.jpg
    IMG_3498.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 95
Welcome FJIMR! Glad to have you here. Maybe you'll be able to join in the meet up in March (mentioned in a prior post).

Hello from South Louisiana. Got back into motorcycling after a 25+ year hiatus. Blame the kids for that one. Anyway I looked at the Harley's out there and the Honda CTX. Ended up with a 2012 NC700x that was brand new while it sat on the dealer floor for two years. His poor ordering my gain. I have totally fallen in love with my SUV on two wheels. Love that I can do a quick grocery run between clients as needed. I use my bike for commuting mainly and psychotherapy on weekends. A friend of mine who rides a Harley will allow me to tag along with their group but for some reason I am always in the back so it looks like I just happen to be going the same way not actually in the group. ;-) Now looking for others and joined this forum to discuss all things NC700x as I find that in trying to customize etc not a lot of choices.

Welcome to the forum from Texarkana Arkansas. There are lots of threads that cover customizations. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here.

Hi Folks.

I've just bought an NC700X that was previously a police bike from an accident response unit. Ironically it's had an accident itself so I'm patching up a bit of damage at the same time as making my improvements and customizations. Somewhat hampered by the lack of aftermarket parts in Dubai but I'm making slow progress.

My other bike is a Suzuki C800 so I'm adjusting from cruiser mode, enjoying the extra height, the enhanced filtering ability and of course the NC is much quicker.

Hey everyone!

Decided to join this forum, since i ordered a new nc750x in January! This has been a helpful forum to figure out what stuff is necessary and what stuff isn't! Anyway about myself;

I'm a 25 year old Belgian guy... currently driving a MSX125 since I've always been into the mini (honda) bike scene! I finally decided to step up and move onto a big bike and the NCX was my favorite! Its a honda, easy to drive (thats a good thing!!) and great to commute. Hope I have a great time on it and I cant wait to pick it up on the 12th of march!

IMG_20140316_185918.jpg

Greetings,

A big Honda fan :)

Attachments

• Aalst1.jpg
    Aalst1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 147
Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure you will love your new NC750X! :D

I have a 125 for many years also, but it's an '07 CBR125R, not an MSX125 (or Grom as they're called over here)

Greetings everyone!

I've decided to join NC700 community, despite not owning NC bike yet. Hell, I don't even have motorcycle driving license yet...
So far, I commute on 50cc Kymco scooter but I guess going bike was inevitable - my dad rides Midnight Star, brother has Bandit. It was only a matter of time before I get sucked into bike world and it's happening.

My driving license course stats in a month, and I am already saving enough cash to grab a bike as soon as I get the license. I know there is a lot to learn for me, and by no means I consider myself experienced rider. I barely made 7000 km on my moped so all I can say is I grasp some of the motorcycle physics and know what counter steering is. Rest is to be learned.

That said, I believe NC750S is what I need - a good commuter bike also capable of carrying two people on a weekend trip. Fits my requirements best, as far as I can tell reading reviews and opinions. I think I'll go DCT, but that is yet to be decided. I always liked naked bikes, Honda Hornet being my old dream bike and NC750S doesn't go far from that :)

So, big, hearty HELLO! to Everyone. I hope you don't mind me reading off your experiences with these Honda bikes, gaining as much knowledge as possible before I get my own.
Cheers from Poland!

Akar, welcome to the forum from Texarkana USA. We only have the NC700X in the USA so I haven't seen a NC750S in person but the look sweet on screen. I'm sure you will enjoy the bike when you get it. In the meantime there is a lot of good information on here. The FAQ thread would be a good starting place. It also has links to several other threads. Enjoy! http://nc700-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6952

That is an extremely useful link, thank you! I could even find out that my Nolan N104 will fit in the frunk (not that it's an issue if it wouldn't, since I plan on getting Honda's rear rack and panniers, but still wonderful to know!). To stay within topic - thank you for welcoming me and I'm off to reading :D Knowledge is power. Ride safely!

Welcome Akar! I recently got a NC700X and joined the forum. Like you, I always liked the Honda 919 (which I believe is like the Hornet), and pictures of the NC750S reminds me of it (especially in that beautiful deep red color). Let us know when you get your license and bike (post pictures!). Be Safe Out There. -FJIMR (Arkansas, USA)

Welcome to the forum. I live in Cabot but work in Little Rock. Ride my bike everyday except this last week with all the ice. Where at in Central Arkansas? If we are in close proximity to one another keep your eyes peeled for a grey NCX. I'm out and about daily.

Welcome to the forum. I live in Cabot but work in Little Rock. Ride my bike everyday except this last week with all the ice. Where at in Central Arkansas? If we are in close proximity to one another keep your eyes peeled for a grey NCX. I'm out and about daily.

Hi Sarge. I'm over here in the Greater Greenbrier/Wooster area. I grew up in Jacksonville and do not envy your ride on 67/167 (if that's what you travel). I work in Conway, so I have an easy commute. I always have my eyes pealed for the NCs out there. There's one in Conway I've passed a few times and now wonder if that's bamamate. I'll try to attach a screengrab from Google Streetview. If it's not him, I bet he knows exactly where this bike lives. Hope to meet you sometime this Spring. Be safe out there. -Jim

NC700_Conway.jpg

Back