• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi Im Josh!

- 29 yrs old.
-Currently in Army flight school (student pilot)
- U.S. Army Warrant Officer
- Deputy Marshal (Law Enforcement)
-Land Rover mechanic
-Helicopter mechanic

I just bought my 2012 NC700X in June 2013. I have about 650 miles on it. Just got the 1st Service done and averaged 77MPG before the service and before I added a few accessories.

I made a website to share some of my pictures because I don't see too many pictures online of some products I was interested in. So let me know what you all think.

Oh yeah!

This is my first bike.

Josh's NC700X - Home

Last edited:
Welcome from The Gibraltar Rock to all new members!

Wow... all these welcome threads were already quite exhausting. And I still have all the forums to browse after holidays. Time to dive in... :cool:

Admin,
I am relatively new to the group and I have tried to update my signature with the travel map and fuelly. I noticed that I can not use html and other things are turned off that might be preventing me from updated my signature. Can you help with updated my signature.
Thanks,

Hey all,
Lots of great info here, rather overwhelming at first but I am finding what I need. Trying to get some time to get to a dealer for a test ride. Nothing very close to me and this is a tough time of year to take a full day off. My DL 1000 is has it's motor pulled and I will know in another week if it will be worth the fix. Book about 4000 initial estimate for engine rebuild 3000 on a 10 year old bike with 50000 miles. So here I am, wondering if I will miss the HP and at the same time acknowledging the fact that 95% of the time I never put those extra ponies to work. Looking forward to learning more about the NC from this group. I have already gained more knowledge from this forum then any Honda salesman I have spoken to. I am sure I will have many questions to ask and if I do become an NC owner I hope I can contribute some of my experience and knowledge to the forum.

Welcome.

The only HP you will miss will be Hewlett-Packard! :p

Now dig in and absorb all the great info ther is on this forum... :cool:

Thanks, the more I read the more i like. Even if the DL is repairable, I have lost confidence in the bike. I had a different issue last year and was unable to take my mc vacation. I think it's time to move on. I only get 2 times a year to do any touring and though it has been a dependable bike for many miles, my me time is more valuable then the loss I will take on the DL.

From Saskatchewan Canada - I just bought a brand new NC700X two days ago, and drove it 75 km home in the rain. Yesterday, I took it out to stretch it's legs and test it out over 200 more km's.

My impressions? Nice bike, surprised by the low revs and lack of HP on the top end. Smooth as can be, and I felt extremely comfortable riding fast along some very rough, patchy pavement. I love that the engine is quiet and smooth, it keeps the fatigue level down. I had a BMW GS650 Dakar for a few years, and as nimble and awesome as it was, the thumping of the single cylinders adds to fatigue.

I'm already looking into a few mods, more aggressive tires to handle a bit more gravelly roads, better forks, and side cases, but overall it's a great bike, and I'm more than happy that I went with this bike - it suits my riding style perfectly.DSC_1122.jpg

I'm already looking into a few mods, more aggressive tires to handle a bit more gravelly roads....
Welcome from Arizona in the U S of A.

Check out the thread, "X to circle and beyond !!!" by Nortwestrider. He chronicles his ride from Seattle to Alaska. As you read through the thread you'll find pictures and discussion of his tires. For what it sounds like you're looking for, I think you'll find it most informative.

Howdy from Texas. I'm an ex first cavalry pilot from the Vietnam days. I went to flight school at Ft Walters, and Ft Rucker. Also, retied Houston Police officer. Welcome to the ride.

2.jpg

SmileyHelicopter.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys and gals,

I bought an NC700X this past weekend for my 50 mile commute to and from work. I went to test drive it at the local dealer and was expecting the thing to be a bit of a dog. I was a little surprised. I road about 120 miles in the first day. I'm loving the bike but already have a windshield on the way and am currently looking for a more comfortable seat. I filled up on the second day and got 68.7 mpg. It's gonna be fun.

Justin

Hi, I'm Scott. Just bought my bike Wednesday. Still only 24 miles on it. I plan to change that this coming week. Love this site!

Back