• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New owner in Missouri

Dennis M

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my new RED NC700X on July 25 and by August 1st I had 600 miles on it and was ready for the first service, that despite the fact that since I got it we've had more rain than in the previous 4or 5 weeks combined.

I first looked at them last Sept. but wasn't really considering getting anything back then, just wanted to see one in person after reading the reviews in the bike mags. Then I heard about the new CB500X so I called the Honda/Suzuki dealer here in Independence, they said they had gotten one in and out, sold the day they got it. So I called the Honda/Kawasaki dealer in Blue Springs, Yep we got one sitting right here by my desk on the showroom floor, want to come take it for a test ride? Went out the next day only to find out that it hadn't been checked out by the service dept yet, so I couldn't take it for a ride, so the saleslady says wanna try out the 700 since you're here? sure why not, Yeah I liked it but I still wanted to try out the 500, so she checked with the service dept to see when they could have it ready, next Wed, this was on a Friday. Dug though my cycle mags to reread all the road tests on the NC and got on this forum and the CB500 forum so see what people that actually have them thought about each bike, by the time I got back out there on Wednesday I was thinking maybe I would rather have the 700 over the 500. When I got out there they had the 500 all ready to go, she asks me do you want to take the 700 out again when you get back so you can have a better comparison? It's like she was reading my mind, that was exactly what I wanted to do. While I liked the 500 and think it will be a big seller for Honda I decided that the NC700 would better suit my needs, well actually I didn't need a new bike just wanted one.

Howdy from Texas. You did exactly what you should have done "I decided that the NC700 would better suit my needs". You solved your want and your need all in one shot.0.jpg

SmileyOhOh.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the site from Marble Hill, in SE Missouri. I'm also wanting to demo a 500 series, prob. a X or an R and then a NC700x too. There's a dealer in TN not too far away that told me come down anytime and they'd let me test ride the NC700x. They've sold several of them, and most people seem to like them (the 700 and the dealer too) pretty well. I guess I need to ride down there and do that sometime..
Tony

Back