• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Newbie from England

Black Knight

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'd just like to introduce myself, I'm Joe from the UK and have been riding bikes for quite a few years (Too many that I care to remember!), and I have now decided to return to bikes after 15+ years away! (phew!)

Most of my previous bikes have mainly been Japanese: Yamaha FSIE (Fizzy), Honda CB250, Suzuki GT380, Honda CB500 Four, Suzuki GT70A (Kettle), Honda CB400 Superdream.

Others: Raleigh Runabout, and Styer Puch VS50 (If you can count these as proper bikes....lol).

I have just ordered a new Honda NC700S (1st June delivery), as I think it's an excellent price for the amount of bike your getting and the fact that it's a good bike to learn on (as I'm fairly rusty!), and at the moment I don't need anything that will take me up the road at 150+ MPH!

I'm looking around for accessories and am thinking of adding adjustable Brake & Clutch levers, Hugger, Main Stand & Gear position indicator.

What would any of you recommend as 'Must Have' accessories?

Regards to everyone......Joe

Hi and welcome,

I think that a front fender extender and radiator guard are must haves on this bike - the fender extender reduces the muck thrown up into the radiator and the guard will also protect it from stones and the like thrown up by both front wheel and other vehicles.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome from Texas. Agree with Chris about fender extender and radiator guard, and rear hugger is cheap, too.

Hi, welcome from Hungary!
Get a front fender extender, this is one of the must have ones. And a DIY radiator guard, if you don't want to pay so much for that. ( check my gallery for that ). Rear hugger is not a cheap one (IMO) from 50EU up to 150EU, depending on the style. The best I had found is Lacomoto fro 50EUs, but with shipping and VAT costs 100EUs. So the cut-out-bucket style solved the problem.
Givi engine guard is also a must have ( about 120-150EU)
And the seat... :)

Hi welcome from UK too!

Heated grips, Mainstand and R & G hugger, bit of a necessity for me.
Enjoy the bike :)

Welcome from SW Missouri. The center stand and windshield was high on my list, since I commute in the rain also.

Hi welcome from a Brit based in Utah! No shortage of great things to add to the bike: FendaExtender, windshield, heated grips, radiator guard, center stand, hand guards, crash bars, light bars and lights, and then there's luggage.. A whole subject unto itself.

Welcome from Oregon. My first add was the center stand and then a different windscreen. Have also added a fender extender and hugger, and the OEM Top Box. Thinking of adding the side cases and additional lighting, but don't know where the funds are coming from. May have to wait awhile. I'm thinking a person could probably double the price of the bike with just adding all the accessories. And then don't forget the riding gear.

Thanks everyone for your very warm welcome, I shall certainly consider fitting a front fender extender together with a rad guard and possibly some heated grips.

I know that the cost of all these accessories can work out quite expensive, so I won't get all the bits fitted at the same time, I'll just have to start saving as the cost of the bike has left me a bit short
for the time being.

One of the main reasons (besides the price) why I decided to buy the NC700S was simply because of it's looks, imo it is one of the best looking naked bikes out there at the moment (next to some of the Italians)!

I must admit that I'm not a great fan of tall screens, crash bars, luggage racks, top boxes & panniers, as they make the bike look too ugly, although if your doing a lot of touring I guess you definately would need them added.

Fortunately I'm only using the bike for short journey's (mainly for work), so hopefully I won't be clocking up too many miles.

Thanks again to all of you, for your much needed advice.....................Joe

Welcome - I hope you enjoy your new bike as much as I do mine. THE must have accessory is the centre stand. Makes it much easier to change tyres,lube chain etc. I have a Honda centre stand on mine and would not be without it. I got a good deal on it as I purchased it when buying the bike - see what your dealer can do on price.

Last edited:
Welcome,,I won,t tell you what to buy,,I will just mention what not to buy in haste..The Honda touring screen,,,screens are very personnel things,,but many riders find this screen very noisy and then take it off ,and maybe sell at a cheap price...Read up before you buy,,,All the best

Back