• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No manual (yet)---A few torque values, please?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4372
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4372

Putting on lowering links (2013 NC700XD) and need torque values for same.
Also raising forks a bit: torque to _____ upper and _____ lower?
Manual is on order...

Many thanks.

Found the front fork values: 16 and 29' foot pounds, top and bottom respectively.
Lowering links, anyone? The youtube video I caught said I'll post torque velues below," but failed so to do.

Found the front fork values: 16 and 29' foot pounds, top and bottom respectively.
Lowering links, anyone? The youtube video I caught said I'll post torque velues below," but failed so to do.
I'll check when I get home on the shock links. 16 ft/lbs sounds right on the top clamp bolts but 29 seems high on the lower ones. 22 or 24 ft/lbs??

It was in a post by Beemerphile that I found it. Struck me as a bit high, too, but Beemer tends to get things right; I've read a lot of his threads.

I just looked at the exploded diagram that I have and am also seeing 16lb ft for the top clamps and 29lb ft for the bottom.

Yes, 16 and 29 ft/lbs are correct. The lower pinch bolts are 20 ft/lbs on my ST1300 so 29 seemed high but it is correct.

Gentlemen
Thanks for the international response to my question!
I'll now go torque things to their proper tension.
THANK YOU!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back