• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

No test rides.....

I have never found a Dealer that gives test rides... Only used bikes.... I go to Demo days for all my test rides... Even then it's only once a year...

and yet Harley Davidson, BMW, Victory, and Triumph dealers have no issue with test rides and in fact invite them. We have a couple Bike weeks here and the majors come with bikes to be test ridden but the lines are long and the rides are in a parking lot.

I don;t understand how anyone can buy a motorcycle without a test ride. Yet people do it all the time.

When I test rode mine, the salesman glanced at my license to see that it was truly a license and not just a piece of paper, I signed a waiver saying that I had my own insurance, he pointed to it and said see ya later.

The manager where I buy parts at would let me ride any bike he had serviced. He had a new GL1800 that he wanted me to ride, he was going to ride another one.
He also new if I rode it, I would have kept it.
He since moved on, and those offers are probably long gone. If he would have had a Super Ténéré at the time, I probably wouldn't have got the NCX.

I have never found a Dealer that gives test rides... Only used bikes.... I go to Demo days for all my test rides... Even then it's only once a year...

I was temporarily in Texas at the time the NC700X started arriving in the US. I immediately got a test ride on a DCT at the DFW dealer. I took off on my own and rode it 25 miles. Back home in Illinois another dealer let me ride another 25 miles on one. Yet another local dealer allowed me a test ride but I didn't see the point since I already decided I was going to buy one (a manual) once I found the right price. Test rides are out there.

Last edited:
Back