• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Now I know..............

Billy Budd

Reaction score
Visit site
How the rest of your feel, I have three days off to do some riding. Here in the southern Arizona the weather report absolutely sucks for the next three days. S&^T! I feel caged..................

AZZ504-120200-
TUCSON METRO AREA-
INCLUDING...TUCSON...GREEN VALLEY...MARANA...VAIL
232 AM MST FRI JAN 11 2013
...HARD FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM SATURDAY TO 8 AM MST
MONDAY...

Today...PARTLY CLOUDY. A 10 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS EARLYIN THE MORNING. MUCH COOLER. HIGHS 44 TO 49. WEST WIND 5 TO15 MPH.

Tonight...MOSTLY CLEAR. MUCH COLDER. LOWS 22 TO 27. NORTHWESTWIND 5 TO 10 MPH BECOMING SOUTH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Saturday...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 41 TO 46. SOUTH WIND AROUND5 MPH BECOMING WEST IN THE AFTERNOON.

Saturday NIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR. LOWS 19 TO 24. NORTHWEST WIND5 TO 10 MPH BECOMING SOUTHEAST AFTER MIDNIGHT.

Sunday...PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS 43 TO 48. EAST WIND AROUND 10 MPH.

Sunday NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 22 TO 27.

Last edited:
I am feeling uncaged. Fish or ride? Cold beer or iced tea? Hmmm!

Melbourne, FL

75°F Friday
Jan 11

77°F Sat
Jan 12

79°F Sun
Jan 13

79°F Mon
Jan 14

79°F Tue
Jan 15

79°F Wed
Jan 16

75°F Thu
Jan 17

Last edited:
I hear you. It's supposed to get in the 70's here in Houston today, and I'm making the most of it. Next week should be cold, raining, and generally miserable. I'll take the truck.

Jeez, it's not even 70* in my office, lol. (it's 60* for reference)

It was 26* on the ride in this morning. I admit I was happier than I was last year, commuting in when it was 14* though, ha ha! :eek:

ps heated grips and heated gloves rock :D

Jeez, it's not even 70* in my office, lol. (it's 60* for reference)

It was 26* on the ride in this morning. I admit I was happier than I was last year, commuting in when it was 14* though, ha ha! :eek:

ps heated grips and heated gloves rock :D

You are used to it, our blood is much thinner in the desert.

Come on, Riders Ride every day. Tucson is finally experiencing true winter weather. How long has it been? 20 years since we had this much cold? HAng in there. In one month the weather will be back to 70 degree weather again.

I just hate ICE. And they are calling for a severe Freeze warning all weekend. OY!

Last edited:
The more you know.... :p

Rode in this morning, 30F dry. The sun was shining, just a great morning. All was well until making a left on a overpass when getting off the freeway. The intersection was a little iced over. I was going slow with extreme caution. Even so, I felt the front tire slid off a bit... That woke me right up.

Come on, Riders Ride every day. Tucson is finally experiencing true winter weather. How long has it been? 20 years since we had this much cold? HAng in there. In one month the weather will be back to 70 degree weather again.

I just hait ICE. And they are calling for a severe Freeze warning all weekend. OY!

Ok, it is up to 47 degrees, I am going out for a ride..............On the Wing.:cool:

QUOTE=Seabee Bob;19010]I am feeling uncaged. Fish or ride? Cold beer or iced tea? Hmmm!

Melbourne, FL

75°F Friday
Jan 11

77°F Sat
Jan 12

79°F Sun
Jan 13

79°F Mon
Jan 14

79°F Tue
Jan 15

79°F Wed
Jan 16

75°F Thu
Jan 17[/QUOTE]

I chose to go fishing today and drink beer "two". Tomorrow I will ride and drink iced tea "three". ;)

While I was on the beach today I found a Fossil Crab. It is over 75,000 years old. They wash up on our shores here in Melbourne, FL after the hurricane season.

1210121230-00.jpg

Attachments

• 1126121047-00.jpg
    1126121047-00.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 1210121154-00.jpg
    1210121154-00.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
I got to go on a really nice 'short trip' this afternoon. Fun stuff even though I was snubbed by 2 Harley riders.....

The more you know.... :p

Rode in this morning, 30F dry. The sun was shining, just a great morning. All was well until making a left on a overpass when getting off the freeway. The intersection was a little iced over. I was going slow with extreme caution. Even so, I felt the front tire slid off a bit... That woke me right up.

Hey Tony, attended a graveside at Tahoma National Cemetery this morning. Roads looked a little dicey to me with the temps below freezing. There was another group there attending a different service and many of them were on bikes. I salute you all!

004.jpg002.jpg

130 miles today on the Wing.................Dang it was cold. The bottom pic was 95 miles in and 40 to get home.

Last edited:
I am feeling uncaged. Fish or ride? Cold beer or iced tea? Hmmm!

Melbourne, FL

Ah yes...Central Florida...perfect riding weather for most of the season....and not a single curvy road to ride on....I'd go fishing too. :)

granny-driving.gif

Last edited:
That may be true.. However there is something glorious knowing everyday when you wake up it is going to be a glorious weather wise. And when it is not it breaks the monotony of it always having a great weather day. No rain, no clouds, just sun. Even now it may not get above 45 degree F today, there is not a cloud in the sky. WOW! I always say there is only two types of weather in Tucson. Hot and Damn Hot. And if it was 80 degree F all the time here we would have 5 million people living in Tucson instead of the 1 million we have now. Love It.:cool:

QUOTE=Seabee Bob;19010]I am feeling uncaged. Fish or ride? Cold beer or iced tea? Hmmm!

I chose to go fishing today and drink beer "two". Tomorrow I will ride and drink iced tea "three". ;)

While I was on the beach today I found a Fossil Crab. It is over 75,000 years old. They wash up on our shores here in Melbourne, FL after the hurricane season.

View attachment 2443

That may be true.. However there is something glorious knowing everyday when you wake up it is going to be a glorious weather wise. And when it is not it breaks the monotony of it always having a great weather day. No rain, no clouds, just sun. Even now it may not get above 45 degree F today, there is not a cloud in the sky. WOW! I always say there is only two types of weather in Tucson. Hot and Damn Hot. And if it was 80 degree F all the time here we would have 5 million people living in Tucson instead of the 1 million we have now. Love It.:cool:

When I moved to Tucson there was less than 250,000

Back