• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Bags and Rack or Installed - Pictures Included

wgwgoldwing

So long folks!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OEM Bags and Rack are Installed - Pictures Included

I couldn't really find many pictures on the bags installed and detached, so I thought I'd post a few.

bag01.jpg

bag02.jpg

bag03.jpg

Here's a shot without the bags, but with the brackets installed. I was originally concerned with how the brackets would look without the bags mounted, but I think it's not too bad:
bag04.jpg

The bars above the passenger pegs and the loops on the grab handles are the two attachment points.
bag05.jpg

bag06.jpg

OEM rack and tail without bags:
bag07.jpg

OEM rack and tail with bags:
bag08.jpg

One thing I'll point out in the above picture is that the bags are curved inward at the front to accommodate passenger legs. I don't plan on hauling a passenger, but it's certainly something to think about when considering which bag to get.

Open bag with 12 ounce can for size reference:
bag09.jpg

The picture really doesn't do the size justice though. The bags are very roomy.

Another cool thing about these is the 1Key system. The bags came with an assortment of tumblers. Using your factory key, you install tumblers to match your key. One key fits everything. Pretty slick! Cutting the tail section wasn't difficult. It just slowed the process down a little. In the end, the fit is great, they look great and are very functional. I went ahead and ordered the silver panels though. I think it will make things look more balanced.

WGW

Last edited:
WGW,
They look good, did you wait long for them? The two Honda accessories I ordered are BO.

One week for the bags and rack. I also ordered a center stand and windshield. The center stand and windshield are back ordered with a estimated delivery on 12/15.

You mention one key for everything ... including the trunk? My dealer installed my side bags and trunk and set the side bag tumblers to match my ignition key, but not the trunk key. I'd like to do that if it's possible.

Thanks for the good photos! I was like you in that I was worried what the rack would look like without the side bags in place, but it looks just fine.

Thanks,
Payne

You mention one key for everything ... including the trunk? My dealer installed my side bags and trunk and set the side bag tumblers to match my ignition key, but not the trunk key. I'd like to do that if it's possible.

Thanks for the good photos! I was like you in that I was worried what the rack would look like without the side bags in place, but it looks just fine.

Thanks,
Payne

Sorry, not sure about the trunk. If it uses the same lock set as the saddlebags, I would think that they could set it the same. Does the general design of the trunk key look like the ignition key or is completly different? The cuts are probably different, I'm just curious about the general profile of the key.

WGW

I noticed the wings on the case were fixed in the right direction in this photo! Looks great total bill=? Total install time =?

Haha! That was pure dumb luck on my part. I didn't even think about the wing orientation on the little Honda stickers. MSRP is $1099.80 for the bags, rack and support brackets. My dealer gives me 15% off all parts so I got everything for $934.83. I took my time and was very methodical with the install. I'd say it took me around 3 hours start to finish. Here are the part numbers:

Rear Carrier............................................08L72-MGS-A30
Rear Carrier/Saddlebag Mount Brackets........08L74-MGS-A30
Saddlebag Set, 29 Liters...........................08L76-MGS-A50
Saddlebag Support Bracket........................08L73-MGS-A30

WGW

I also installed the factory bags. I agree that it was a couple of hours, but not difficult as long as you can handle a Dremel and some extremely tiny tumblers and springs for the locks. My beef with the bags is that you have to be a contortionist to get off the bike without busting your right shin on the front of the left bag. The area adjacent to the cutout for the passenger's legs extends too far forward making it very difficult to dismount the bike cleanly. I would have preferred the GIVI V35 shape or the current bags to be mounted further back on the bike.

Interesting when you look at the bags fitted from the back of the bike - it looks like each bag could have been another 7 to 10 litres and that they are shaped to fit a different Honda with high end cans?
Mike

I also installed the factory bags. I agree that it was a couple of hours, but not difficult as long as you can handle a Dremel and some extremely tiny tumblers and springs for the locks. My beef with the bags is that you have to be a contortionist to get off the bike without busting your right shin on the front of the left bag. The area adjacent to the cutout for the passenger's legs extends too far forward making it very difficult to dismount the bike cleanly. I would have preferred the GIVI V35 shape or the current bags to be mounted further back on the bike.

Thank you WGW for the outstanding pics and starting this thread!
This is the setup I'm most interested in. The look is so clean with the bags removed.
I have a few questions about installation:

1.) Are the parts on the bike that have to be cut covered up by the new brackets?
2.) Or is a raw cut viewable after bracket install?
3.) Does anyone have pics of the "cut" areas?

I'm pretty handy with tools, but I'd feel better if my work wasn't exposed!!!

I'm not going to be a passenger on this bike, but I don't like the thought of their legs being sandwiched between the bike and the bag.

Not really noticable unless you are really looking for it. For example, when the passenger seat is up (gas fill position) you will be able to see the cutouts. But, if done carefully, it still looks stock. The kit came with some rubber trim to put over the cut areas but I didn't use it. I'll shoot some pictures of the area tonight when I get home and post them up. That should give you a better idea as to how it looks.

WGW

Here's some pictures. First set is with the seat down. The yellow arrows indicate where I had to cut:

sd1.jpg

sd2.jpg

These are with the back seat up:

su1.jpg

su2.jpg

su3.jpg

As long as you don't attempt to cut it with a chainsaw or axe, it should pretty easy to do. I used a dremel and some files to get a decent edge. I could probably do a little more clean up, but the location is so tucked in that it would be really hard to notice. Next time I have the tail off, I'll probably clean things up just a bit more with some sand paper.

WGW

Back