• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Relay?

Hagan

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a bunch of goodies for my NC700x. I got everything to install my heated grips/accessory socket but the relay kit. It was back ordered and havent heard anything about shipment for a couple weeks. I am still working on installing my heated grips but need the relay. Is this a Honda specific relay? Thanks!

You can use any relay that will fit. It is standard micro ISO relay - the only limit is height so fuses/relay cover can be closed securely.
https://www.omron.com/ecb/products/search/?cat=1&did=6&prd=auto-iso&lang=en

G8HL or any similar realy will work, I'm using mitsubishi MR 588567 / 8627A030 relay on my honda :p
GM and Chrysler have such relays for sure too.

8627A030.jpg

MR588567_rele_original.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered a bunch of goodies for my NC700x. I got everything to install my heated grips/accessory socket but the relay kit. It was back ordered and havent heard anything about shipment for a couple weeks. I am still working on installing my heated grips but need the relay. Is this a Honda specific relay? Thanks!
They call it a "kit" because you get a relay and a mini-fuse rated 7.5A :)
Even if you find a vendor, its the shipping that kills the deal, unless you meet the minimum.

Check you inbox Hagan.

But when it comes to electronics and parts, I trust none other than
stuff "made in Japan". They just last forever.

But when it comes to electronics and parts, I trust none other than
stuff "made in Japan". They just last forever.

If you live along the Gulf Coast or a place where salt is in the air everywhere, the only thing that makes any electonics last forever is called "Dielectric Grease".

If you live along the Gulf Coast or a place where salt is in the air everywhere, the only thing that makes any electonics last forever is called "Dielectric Grease".
I wish "Dielectric Grease" could be used on body parts, don't you?:p

I wish "Dielectric Grease" could be used on body parts, don't you?:p

Having sold Yamaha marine products and motorcycles, by accident I came across the only product I have found to work on body and aluminum parts. At first we used it on the personal watercraft that are used in the salt water. I could not beleive my own eyes. After a year no corrision.

I have never found any other manufactures product that works like this one. I am cheap and have tried every other product on the shelfs at WalMart. Nothing I can find works like this product. It is only made by Yamaha. It is the Yamaha marine silicone protectant and lubricant. It does keep the spokes on the Africa Twin from corrision. It keeps the aluminum cases on any motorcycle from corrision. It is not cheap, but there is something in this Yamaha product that does work!!!!

Yamaha boats have been used in salt water for years, and yamha has found how to protect the products.

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Of course after I posted this thread I got a shipment notification of my relay set! Go figure. At least I know the relay isnt unique to the bike.

Having sold Yamaha marine products and motorcycles, by accident I came across the only product I have found to work on body and aluminum parts. At first we used it on the personal watercraft that are used in the salt water. I could not beleive my own eyes. After a year no corrision.

I have never found any other manufactures product that works like this one. I am cheap and have tried every other product on the shelfs at WalMart. Nothing I can find works like this product. It is only made by Yamaha. It is the Yamaha marine silicone protectant and lubricant. It does keep the spokes on the Africa Twin from corrision. It keeps the aluminum cases on any motorcycle from corrision. It is not cheap, but there is something in this Yamaha product that does work!!!!

Yamaha boats have been used in salt water for years, and yamha has found how to protect the products.

OCR, do you have a link or a part number?
Thanks

That is the Yamaha product. Make sure to spray any and all alumium parts. Works unreal if you start spraying the unit when new. Use in all places that you hit bugs in, works great there. Also, all aluminum brake parts that corroide. I use it everywhere on the bike for years, even windshield with no yellowing. If you ever wash your bike, which I will never ever never do!, the dirt and grim does come off easier also. I do not even come close to the amount of time you should spray your bike with this Yamaha product. However, my NC7, has never ever since 2012 set anywheres exept in my driveway pointed in the go position, no matter what the weather, 24/7. However "Nana Chou" does do a lot of "Riding in the Rain!".

That is the Yamaha product. Make sure to spray any and all alumium parts. Works unreal if you start spraying the unit when new. Use in all places that you hit bugs in, works great there. Also, all aluminum brake parts that corroide. I use it everywhere on the bike for years, even windshield with no yellowing. If you ever wash your bike, which I will never ever never do!, the dirt and grim does come off easier also. I do not even come close to the amount of time you should spray your bike with this Yamaha product. However, my NC7, has never ever since 2012 set anywheres exept in my driveway pointed in the go position, no matter what the weather, 24/7. However "Nana Chou" does do a lot of "Riding in the Rain!".

Thank you guys !

Thanks guys! Of course after I posted this thread I got a shipment notification of my relay set! Go figure. At least I know the relay isnt unique to the bike.
You're set then.

If anyone else is interested in the OEM relay kit,(1 relay & 7.5A low profile fuse)
PM me with your email,
$8 shipped to US (I ordered an extra set to save on shipping from procaliber)

Back