• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

OEM Seat fix

Cagedodger

Reaction score
Visit site
I think I finally figured out the trick to the OEM seat. About a month ago, I converted to a standing desk at work. Ever since then, the seat doesn't bother me much at all. My posture is better and my legs are stronger, which I use to clamp onto the trunk of the bike when riding. After standing for eight hours, the seat just doesn't seem as bad as it did at first.

It's still an awful seat. :p

I think I finally figured out the trick to the OEM seat. About a month ago, I converted to a standing desk at work. Ever since then, the seat doesn't bother me much at all. My posture is better and my legs are stronger, which I use to clamp onto the trunk of the bike when riding. After standing for eight hours, the seat just doesn't seem as bad as it did at first.

I've never had an issue with the seat.. maybe that is due to the airhawk seat cushion I never ride without :D

But you have reminded me of my need to get back into shape.... now where did I put that total gym?

I'm on my feet for a minimum of twelve hours at work. The stock seat still sucks for me. Until I got a seat from Rocky, my feet and butt hurt.
Now when I get off work, I get a relaxing ride home. YMMV

I would really like to have a standing desk at work .... details of yours ??

Thanks ...

There is a problem with the seat?

Depends on who you ask. Some do not like it at all, others say it is fine. Biggest complaint is that it slides you forward towards the tank.

If you are riding an NCX already and were not aware of this problem, then it probably isn't a problem to you.

Some people usually do custom seats or cushions on their bikes. Once you get used to a custom seat it is hard to use any stock seat unless it is far above average. I have to admit although I don't do custom seats anymore, the one that turbodieseli4i6 posted sure had me drooling!

For the most part, I'd say people that ride distance are going to want either a custom seat or a cushion. I'm cheap so I tried the cushion route and I actually love my airhawk cushion. I used it for years on my VFR and now it is on my NCX :D

Seat is just fine for the price of the bike, actually nicer than many in the same price category. A seat upgrade makes sense for long touring, but for shorter commutes it is not a problem.

I use an Ultimate Seat on my other bike, which is typically what I use for long distance touring. If I ever decide to take this one touring, I would probably upgrade the seat and add handler bar risers. Cushy seats are great long distance but add significant cost.

I had my seat modifyed, but found out the hard way that even thou it is comfortable on long trips, I still got a sore butt from lack of ventilation. A Air-Hawk R fixed that. I should of saved my money on the modification.

I use a sheepskin I bought at Ikea,they call them RENS and they are the shape of the sheep.I think they are about $30 but are big enough for the whole seat( front and rear ) with some left over.I buy one about every 2-3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would really like to have a standing desk at work .... details of yours ??

Thanks ...

I made something very similar to this setup using some Ikea parts. I used a 48"x11.25"x1.25" MDF stair tread on two of the Ikea tables (dual monitors) as the keyboard shelf instead of the link describes.

The most important part is a good anti-fatigue mat and good shoes. I keep a pair of comfortable shoes at work (plenty of room under the desk where my chair used to go) and change out of my riding boots once I get to work. I actually convinced my office mate to try it out as well.

I used to be a carpenter until I swapped hobbies/careers. Sitting at a desk doing IT/design work was driving me slowly mad. I'm much more content these days since it was the sitting and inactivity that was the big offender.

Despite the comical intent of the thread title, the seat really doesn't bother me nearly as much lately and a lot of it is posture and leg strength. I haven't had a chance to take a long ride recently, so I'm sure that can change again, heh. The seat's still poor.

just curious - for those that don't like the seat - how long does it take for you to be uncomfortable? right away, 20 miles, 50 miles??
I haven't done anything long distance yet, just about 12 miles each way to work - but the seat seems totally comfortable so far..but maybe when I out on longer trips it will start to annoy me??

After sitting on my bum allday in my truck,by the end of my 20 mile ride home I'm moving around trying to find a comfy spot.
I've only done a straight 50 miles so far,fresh bum and it was alright.BUT I have a 6,000 mile trip comming up in less than 2 months so I need to figure out the seat ASAP !!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back