• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Off to the Dirt

bendobe

Reaction score
Visit site
So I have realized that I'm just not cut out for riding day to day in the city traffic. I looked at selling the bike and buying something a little more dirt centric but after running the numbers I decided that maybe there way another way to get out and enjoy the dirt.

TKC80s not shown but the rest of it should make for a fun weekend+ project.

DSC00412.jpg

I much prefer to make only ONE electrical change/addition on my bike at one time. Then if something goes amiss, I know exactly where to backtrack. If you have added multiple items it can because a bit more complicated.

Hmmm. The one thing this bike needs to make it more dirt compliant (apart from the bashplate), is suspension. Perhaps the replacement suspension components are hiding in the boxes ?

I have most of "that" on my bike !!! I too have the Storm handguards, SW Motech Skidplate, Sw Motech pegs, and a TKC 80 front tire. It really does help when riding gravel, and such. Enjoy .....as it sure is nice to take ANY road that interests you. Have fun exploring !!!

I too really want to put LED lighting as well. I am not sure what I will go with ....I do like those larger Denali LED lights you have there. Been craving those for awhile now !!! LOL. A double setup will be sweet !!! :cool:

I much prefer to make only ONE electrical change/addition on my bike at one time. Then if something goes amiss, I know exactly where to backtrack. If you have added multiple items it can because a bit more complicated.

Oh, I only do one at a time. I spent yesterday hooking up the Denali, IQ-175, Trailtech 3-way control, FZ-1 combo to make sure it worked before I even do final wire runs. Next will be the Garmin and final install is the P3 brake lights.

Hmmm. The one thing this bike needs to make it more dirt compliant (apart from the bashplate), is suspension. Perhaps the replacement suspension components are hiding in the boxes ?

Any suggestions or is Racetech the best choice? I always looked at them to do my KTM and they seem to do nice work.

Any suggestions or is Racetech the best choice? I always looked at them to do my KTM and they seem to do nice work.

I have RaceTech Gold valves. Made a huge difference. I used the stock springs. Might try changing them next year. There are a few threads on here with other choices and happy customers. Only problem with doing the front is now the back isn't as good.
I replaced the rear this past year. Went with Nitron fully adjustable. With both front and rear done she rides so much better on and off pavement.

Ha! I knew that. Just wanted him to say it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, I loved that 400, just sold it because I don't have a lot local friends that ride dirt since I moved from San Diego to Denver. I want a long haul vehicle that I can do some real travelling on.

That thing was bombproof but I did change the oil and wash/oil the air filters every 15hrs or so.

Yeah, yeah, I loved that 400, just sold it because I don't have a lot local friends that ride dirt since I moved from San Diego to Denver. I want a long haul vehicle that I can do some real travelling on.

That thing was bombproof but I did change the oil and wash/oil the air filters every 15hrs or so.
I really like the KTM's look. To be honest though, I only know what I've read or heard on the internet.
That's a LOT of changing the oil!

Back