• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil Change

Oil level must be check when the bike is upright (center stand)

Unscrew oil cap, wipe clean and reinsert cap but not screw in, take cap out and check oil level.

Technically the oil is checked with the NC700 upright on both wheels. The centerstand is not standard equipment so Honda cannot spec the oil check be done on a piece of equipment that some people may not have.

The following is the correct method of checking the oil level on the bike, per the manual:
1. If the engine is cold, idle the engine for 3-5 minutes (please note, the manual states IDLE the engine, does not state, after a long or short ride around the block)
2. Turn the engine off and wait 2-3 minutes
3. Place the motorcycle in an upright position, on a firm, level surface (manual doesn't state on a center stand, so presumably with both tires on the ground).
4. Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean
5. Insert the dipstick until it seats but do not screw it in. Check the oil level to ensure the level is between the upper and lower level marks on the dipstick
6. Securely install the dipstick

What I do: I have a long enough inseam, I get on the bike, level the bike while I flatfoot it (after the engine has the appropriate warm up and wait period described above), reach down and pull out the dipstick and check the level. With 19,000 miles on the bike now, I have not had to add any oil during the period between oil changes. Level stays constant during the 6000-8000 miles between oil changes.

Last edited:
Back