• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Oil your chain without a center stand

On my DR I use a chunk of fire wood under the right peg to keep the rear tire off the ground and a strap on the brake lever to keep the bike steady. Worked good but not as good as the centerstand on my NC.

Before I got the center stand I used to put a hammer under the right side swing arm when doing chain maintenance. The head of the hammer on the ground and the bottom of the handle up. It would raise the tire about half an inch off the ground. It would slip out once in a while but we are only talking half an inch so no biggie.

The bike is easy to work on so I've never thought about using the hammer on it for anything else. :)

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Ingenious. But where do you store the wood while travelling 2000miles out up north?

No problem. It's dual purpose as all motorcycle accessories should be, I use it to make aerial videos so it is all ways handy when I need it. I wasn't using that space above my helmet so it worked out great.

1.jpg

View attachment 30400

[video=youtube_share;gplzRY5DiQw]https://youtu.be/gplzRY5DiQw[/video]

I am just sitting here with a silly smile on my face looking at this clip and had to watch it a second time to appreciate the ingenuity of what you made. I cant wait to see some of your other inventions. Well done !

I have an old Dominator and I carry a stick with me for this purpose. It is easy enough to lift the back of it solo to put the stick in place. On my NC I used the pannier rack to lift it for the stick.

...and I carry a stick with me for this purpose. It is easy enough to lift the back of it solo...

Yes. I saw a forum post of yours showing that stick, "If found return to Griff". I started with that but just couldn't get my bike propped up on the stick by myself so I got to thinking...

1. Clean exposed chain.
2. Roll bike ahead.
Repeat as necessary

1. Clean exposed chain.
2. Roll bike ahead.
3. Clean exposed chain.
4. Roll bike ahead.
5. Clean exposed chain.
6. Roll bike ahead.
7. Clean exposed chain.
8. Roll bike ahead.
9. Clean exposed chain.