• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okanagan Spin

Timtone

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I went for a nice ride yesterday.
We wanted to explore a road that a friend told us about. It was a miles of twisties. Just right.
Because I thought I might post something, I took my little camera along.
For those that might be familair with my area; the route was Kelowna south to Penticton, west on Green Mountain Road. That comes out onto Hwy 3A, east past Yellow Lake and turn South at Twin Lakes Road...which turns into White Lake road and eventually takes you to Oliver. We stopped at the Fairview Mountain Golf Club for coffee, and returned via the same route. 230 Km round trip.
Other than the saddle, I love this little bike.

OKlake1.jpg

Fairview2.jpg

White-Lake-Road.jpg

CoffeStop1.jpg

...today we did another 300 km. Hwy 33 to Rock Creek and back. High Mountain, high speed, lots of sweepers, smooth tarmac, and deer. Sorry, no images.:cool:

I rekon the best thing about flat ground is often being able to see whats around the corner. Is this the case where you ride?
Around here, elevation changes are like breathing......and rarely do we get to see around the corner. LOL.
I have not been to Texas....yet. It's on the list.

Well, I have never been to Canada, but I be there in July, heading for Alaska. Some of my grandmothers people (Teeple and Marabee) lived there. They had to hawl butt after the revolutionary war, as they had fought for the British. They started the settlement of Turkey point. My father went there a few times with this race team, The Texas Outlaws, but I never made the trip.

Last edited:
What a great place to ride! Too bad you can't really do much wine tasting!....
I'm sure you could fit a bottle or two in the frunk....
I couldn't do that in my little Suzuki GS500...
Can't wait to get out there again!

PS... Alaska is a great destination.... but make sure you plan plenty of time in BC. It may be the best part of your ride (and less bugs)

I rekon the best thing about flat ground is often being able to see whats around the corner. Is this the case where you ride?
Around here, elevation changes are like breathing......and rarely do we get to see around the corner. LOL.
I have not been to Texas....yet. It's on the list.

I spent some time out Cranbrook way when I was just a kid. I'll get back there on a bike one of these days. The Okanogan and the Kootanees are gorgeous pieces of territory!!

What a wonderful adventure. No mountains where I live, just flat ground.

And while I am at it, I lived in Saskatchewan Canada for a bunch of years too...You want to talk about flat ground. Its so flat that if you stand and look off into the distance and concentrate real hard you'll see a little black dot. And if you take the time to focus on that little black dot and really worry about what it might be, you will eventually realize that its the back of your own head.

LOL, In Saskatewan you just drive in a straight line until you see power lines way up in the distance which are crossing the road...
Just before you get up to them there is a slight curve in the road just to make sure you are awake. ;)

Well, I have never been to Canada, but I be there in July, heading for Alaska. Some of my grandmothers people (Teeple and Marabee) lived there. They had to hawl butt after the revolutionary war, as they had fought for the British. They started the settlement of Turkey point. My father went there a few times with this race team, The Texas Outlaws, but I never made the trip.

Another good story.
I know what it's like on a long bike trip...but if you come through my area on your way to the Land of Bugs and you want to have a beer, let me know.
Cheers, Tim.
(I have a buddy that just left for Inuvik )

What a great place to ride! Too bad you can't really do much wine tasting!....
I'm sure you could fit a bottle or two in the frunk....
I couldn't do that in my little Suzuki GS500...
Can't wait to get out there again!

You can't toss a rock without hitting a Winery or Vineyard around here. One of the great side benefits of vineyards is the colour of the leaves in the Fall. Very nice.
As much as I love the flavour and buzz of wine, I can't drink it. Instant heartburn for me. Nothing else gives me that much discomfort...just wine.

I make up for it by trippling my intake of micro beer. Just not while riding.:D

"Out there again". Where in BC are you? The coast?

I make up for it by trippling my intake of micro beer. Just not while riding.:D

"Out there again". Where in BC are you? The coast?

Yup! I'm on the island near Victoria!
Microbreweries galore out here!

For sure, Matt Phillips has had a lot to do with the industry....helping other folks build and create their own micro brews. I attend the Beerfest every now and then and get back to Victoria and area at least twice a year. I feel a trip coming on right now......

Last edited:
Back