• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Palmer Products Windshield + Honda OEM Windshield = ???

Couldn't help notice, but there's carpeting and a piano in the "garage". :rolleyes: That's a very nice home for the NC! :D

Anyway, that windshield combo looks like a DIY Madstad. Nice work! Be sure to use nut plates.

Last edited:
Good grief!

I've still got (and sticking to it) the stock windscreen, I couldn't imagine having a barn door In its place.

Jeez, get a tail wind and you could turn the motor off. ;)

My set-up works better for me than the OE screen or Honda touring screen or Givi on its own (I'm 5' 9" with 31" inseam). If I was starting over, I'd be tempted to cut the hassle and pay the higher price for the MadStad. Mind you, I only found that out by trying all the other stuff!!

I have the Palmer Brackets and a Puig Screen with Deflector fitted.
Tried it in every angle and height variation and don't think its better than the Puig on its own :(
I think it's the large gap between the screen and the bike that causes the problem???
I removed the Palmer Brackets last night and went back to the Puig.
As a final test I might try fitting the Honda OEM screen with the Palmer Brackets and Puig :)
Trying to resist the urge to buy the Madstad Screen Setup.......
Might even go back to the OEM Screen at least there was no buffeting!

Andy

I have the Palmer Brackets and a Puig Screen with Deflector fitted.
Tried it in every angle and height variation and don't think its better than the Puig on its own :(
I think it's the large gap between the screen and the bike that causes the problem???
I removed the Palmer Brackets last night and went back to the Puig.
As a final test I might try fitting the Honda OEM screen with the Palmer Brackets and Puig :)
Trying to resist the urge to buy the Madstad Screen Setup.......
Might even go back to the OEM Screen at least there was no buffeting!

Andy

Did you go the Madstad setup anyway? .... My experience with the Palmer and GIVI and just moving my right Arm to the left at 75 with cruise set, makes me think the wider Madstad or Vstream would make for quieter and more enjoyable rider at hwy speeds. Under 50 the GIVI on Palmer adjusters at mid height is great but over 50 the wind noise really gets noticeable, no noticeable wind buffeting at any speed so I think width is the key to high speed comfort. It would not be for the commuter or dirt rider who stay under 60 but if you ride distance at 70+ I think the Madstad or Vstream will make a good investment. I'm waiting for a test between the two and then I'll commit to I hope my last windshield purchase. Coming from a GoldWing (still have) I'm trying to find a smaller equivalent that can also do 10-15% off road so my needs may not mirror yours. If I can get the noise down some at 70 - 85 on the X the Wing may become dusty, as the X sure has the agility on it's side, or I could go spend twice the $ on a BMW/KLR and still be less happy :-(.

I have done this two screen setup with the Palmers but using the Givi touring screen.

I still get the feeling that extra width would be a help to get my shoulders out of the buffeting.

Back