• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Panier Bags - SM-Motech from Twisted Throttle

Deckyon

Reaction score
raven.deckyon.com
I have been looking for bags for my bike. I am not looking to get the best or anything, just something that will work for some extra clothes and a few odds and ends, for trips. My perfect world would be hard-case color matched Honda bags (saddle and trunk) but will have to end up working up to those. I have found these and am wondering if anyone else has them and what their opinions are. It appears they have minimum modification to the bike itself and the supports are easily removable for when I don't need the bags on the bike.

SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Blaze Sport Saddlebag System For Honda NC700X & NC700S - TwistedThrottle.com

I've had this system for about a year now. It works fine for light to medium use, i.e. weekend trips, trips to the store, etc. If I am going further I just include a top bag

You do want to be aware that you will have to loosen the Velcro straps holding the two bags together whenever you get fuel, as the cross over the top of the passenger seat. This is not a big deal and you do not have to remove the bags from their supports, just loosen the straps.

Hope this helps.

Perfect, it is what I needed to know.

As to the install, what all went in to getting the bags on and stable. What I like about these (and the Honda version) is the minimal alterations that are required. From the photos, it looks like it is just adding a piece on the passenger foot rest area. I am probably going to throw some extra money away in an envelope for these bags. I have a dry bag already that will strap to the back I would be using as well.

The install is pretty straight-forward. I think it took me about 30-40 minutes... if that. No bike alterations, just a 'bolt on' setup.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...yHM39LNh9Wz2An9tfO4ioI2WD77wtKyvBgxoCCSjw_wcB
You would still need the Givi rack to mount it to. It would not be easy on/off without some work. Tusk does make a fast release. I've found out I never take off my panniers, I have the racks for the Tusk but not the boxes....yet.

I would not spend the money for the Bag-Connection bags because they are just nylon. If you want soft sides...
Try these -
ADVENTURE DRY SADDLEBAGS
or these-
CL-855 Touring saddlebags
I have the 850 Nelson Rigg. They are good bags. Mine are kind of beat up because I totaled my bike (and fixed it). They took a lot of the impact. The price difference is too good not to go for!

Edit- I went back and looked at the SW Motech product. They do come with that bar/rack that keeps the bags from swinging in - that's a good thing. BUT, if you bought the Nelson Rigg bags and then the Givi Monorack pannier system ( http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...Cd_jwPeA7faSpEzknFwMzxce2eP6Y031y8RoCrJjw_wcB ) You would already have the racks for an upgrade. Really any racks you bought would hold the soft side bags.So, you could go on and upgrade to whatever panniers you wanted later.

Last edited:
The advantage of the SW Motech system is that it includes the bracing. A lot of the other types of bags will still require you to purchase or make some type of side rails. Otherwise the bags often 'tail-in' on the bottom, pushing them closer to the exhaust. That's why manufacturers add the heat resistant bottoms.

The Blaze system bags come with a waterproof liner bag.

The Nelson Rigg bags come with a rain cover.
Most pannier racks are around $180 -$200

My addition skillz say with the the Nelson Rigg bags and a $200 rack of your choice, you're right at the price of the BagsConection bags AND you have a headstart on your "good" panniers!

I'd have to go with making my own supports for bags. Once you've got the supports, you can put on just about any bags you like.
See DIY supports [HERE].
The Nelson Rigg CL-855 bags are a very good choice.

Currently, I'm using a set of Leather bags [HERE] for daily use
20141109_131240a.jpg

.... I might go with the NELSON RIGGs for cross country touring.
bags2.jpg

All the bags mentioned in the prior posts so far are excellent bags...but way out of my price range.

Also see [THIS] post about top boxes. DO NOT make your own rails like I did!
The Givi rails with the $30 top box is the most cost effective choice. I have the top box on now with the Givi arms, and I will probably never take the top box off.

$30 top box
30topbox.jpg
givi rails
0000-givi-fz-monorack-mount-arms.jpg

Last edited:
Back