• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Porous wheel

Maybe try lightly tightening the Schrader valve itself , at times even new stems have a loose valve.

Schrader valve eh...I never even wondered that it might have a 'real' name I guess I always called it a valve stem or core, dunno, ya learn something new everyday.

The first step in fixing a leak is finding it. One can presume it is a Schrader valve, porous wheel, tire bead, etc., but until you know, you are wasting your effort. What fixed someone else's problem is unlikely to be of any help.

Schrader valve eh...I never even wondered that it might have a 'real' name I guess I always called it a valve stem or core, dunno, ya learn something new everyday.

It's an important term in the bicycle world. Some bicycles use Shrader valves and some use Presta valves. The two take a different style air chuck. You can buy adapters to use a Shrader chuck on a Presta valve. I know it's not relevant to motorcycles, but it's good trivia.

Last edited:
I had a rim leak on my previous tire which I changed 2 weeks ago. There was some small bubbling in the paint around the bead area. I spent 30 minutes cleaning the bead area with a nylon pad and put some clear nail polish over those areas. So far so good and no leaking. Both the old and new tires were Conti Motions.

Back