• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Position Light

lamlamz

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it's the Nroth America version, for some reason I do not have position light (the one above headlight). Do you guys know how to activate/ operate it?

Maybe it's the Nroth America version, for some reason I do not have position light (the one above headlight). Do you guys know how to activate/ operate it?

I have my headlight shell apart at the moment. There is a place for a bulb socket there, but it is empty.

The headlight is always on in my european (spanish) bike, there is no way to power it off. So, to be honest, I don't know if I have a position light or not, but it has no sense to me

Yes, it is mandatory to have the headlight running all day /night long in most parts of Europe including Switzerland.
All new bikes must come with "auto-power-on" while older bikes are excused.

Originaly a headlight would have 2 bulds in it one would be a twin filement bulb for high & low beam the other known as the pilot light would be a much smaller one which could be lit up when the headlight was off. In the UK the same thing would be known as side lights sometimes used when parking on a dark road.
Today with many bikes having lights hard wired in the on position these lights are usually seperate from the main headlight and are often LED.
I hope this helps make it a bit clearer

Pre96HeadlightBlack.png

For example, the part no.17 is the main lightbulb, with 2 filaments (main light and high-beam).
The part no.16 is the pilot lightbulb. In old bikes (say prior to 1995), these can even be switched on/off with the lightswitch on the handlebar.
0 - no lights
1 - pilot light (part no.16)
Main - both part 16 and 17 are lighted up (main light)
second switch will activate high-beam filament in part 17.

Clear?
:p

Some here are saying the NCX does not have a pilot light, because it is not need. The main lamp is always switched on.

Pre96HeadlightBlack.png

For example, the part no.17 is the main lightbulb, with 2 filaments (main light and high-beam).
The part no.16 is the pilot lightbulb. In old bikes (say prior to 1995), these can even be switched on/off with the lightswitch on the handlebar.
0 - no lights
1 - pilot light (part no.16)
Main - both part 16 and 17 are lighted up (main light)
second switch will activate high-beam filament in part 17.

Clear?
:p

Some here are saying the NCX does not have a pilot light, because it is not need. The main lamp is always switched on.

Very clear explination! Thank you Happy!

Not to the European model, at least from what I read in the (European) user manual.
Let me find that picture. I thought saw someone posted with LED position/pilot light.

It is on the other forum.

It was from a guy named gunshot72 who replaced the halogen light with LED...

Was that you happy in that conversation thread too?:confused:

Anyway, I thought North American model does not have what our European riders have. Short changed again!

Last edited:
For sure, my spanish model doesn't have that pilot light.

BTW: I don't care but, usually, referencing posts in another forum is not polite

Not to the European model, at least from what I read in the (European) user manual.
Let me find that picture. I thought saw someone posted with LED position/pilot light.

Ok, I found it. Scroll somewhere towards the bottom. (link removed)
It was from a guy named gunshot72 who replaced the halogen light with LED...

Was that you happy in that conversation thread too?:confused:

Anyway, I thought North American model does not have what our European riders have. Short changed again!

Aha, yes I am HAPPY in that forum, but I am banned because I was too chatty and got on the nerves of "millions and millions of users" as accused by 2 people and the admin.
I thought I was moving along just fine, but then hit a bump because I was asking too many questions (too excited) and a young man and an elderly member just said I was a pain and told the admin "he had the other forum so he will be fine"....so I was banned.
:(

BTW, don't quote that URL, coz it is not nice to link to the other forum.
It is big there, but I have not visited it since my ban, because I am quite an emotional guy and being banned for those reasons, just left a big fat scar on me.

Back