• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

POW! Right in the kissa

Sorry to hear. Crashing sucks and it's worse when people don't take responsibility for their actions by running away. But good thing you had insurance and were wearing at least some protective gear.

I believe that a crash is wasted if you and others don't learn from the experience. Have you thought about what you could have done differently to avoid this situation in the future? Obviously it was the other drivers fault, but there's almost always things we can do to better our odds of avoiding the clueless drivers out there.

I'm thinking of things like: signalling turns well in advance, supplementing bike turn signals with hand signs, tapping brakes a few times when slowing (or installing a brake flasher), wearing hi viz clothing, turning from the far side of your lane to lessen the temptation of a driver to squeeze by you as you make a turn and wearing a jacket to avoid road rash on your arm. There's probably many other ideas, but I thought I'd throw out some to stimulate thought.

I definitely won't ride without a jacket again. As for the crash itself, it was such a freak accident and I was making my turn properly. Unless I did something without realizing, I would say it was a textbook left turn, the woman simply jumped out of her lane.

Hope you are ok, and you had full coverage insurance. If you don't have full coverage insurance you will get to have fun, fun, fun putting your bike back together.

yup, just found out yesterday the bike isn't covered. Time to do some finding!

Check your rear swing arm. Make sure it's not bent. I've been hit back there before and it bent my rear swing arm. That was a long time ago.. just be sure it's ok

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I'm glad you're basically okay, OP!

leaving the scene of accident is a crime.

In Arizona (assumed based upon OP talking about the Suns' dancers) it's a felony, if someone was injured. (See Arizona Revised Statutes 28-661, IIRC)

Last edited:
It took me a few days, but now I can't help but marvel over a guy getting hit in the a$$ and calling the thread "....right in the kissa...."

Just an update; police and the ins were unable to find the nice woman who took me down, and the bike has more damage than I can pay for (considering I bought the bike less than 6 months ago).

Woohoo!

2013 NC700X

I reflexively hit the "like" button at first, because you deeked me out with the "woohoo!" So I thought the cops did catch the rat bastard.

Duuuude... So sorry for ya mate :( :(

Sorry to hear about your accident. I am VERY glad you are ok man, the bike can be replaced. That woman will get her just desserts, Karma.

Around here theres a good chance if you get hit they will run, most will not have documentation, drivers license, or insurance. happins all the time!!!

Back