• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

feeling really stupid

lowrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode the NC in December in Idaho...brrrrrrrr!
Put it in a nice warm (sorta) trailer and drove to Kingman, AZ where I am building a house and other stuff. Put the bike in my not so warm (by AZ standards) CONEX and I have been very busy and the NC sat in the lonely CONEX until this morning when I decided it has sat long enough. Have been riding my DRZ 400 a fair amount but the NC has been terribly neglected...backed it out of the CONEX, turned on the switch, started right up, let it warm some, played with the buttons and looks like everything looks just right, hit the "D" button and nothing happened...hit the N button and back to the D button, turned it off, restarted everything looks green, hit the D button and nothing repeatedly...NOTHING will let it go into drive mode. Kick stand is up and I checked the switch and it looks fine.

I do remember the bike dragging on the the ramp when I backed it out of the trailer but it started and I slowly drove into the CONEX and "drive" worked fine in December...been locked in the box since then. #1 son moved it around during his visit in March but don't believe he started it at that time.

Considered the "she's lonely and feeling neglected" possibility but this not a complicated bike (for the most part) and we have had a great relationship but it has never treated me this way....always starts and hit the D button and it goes into gear and off we go. FEELING very STUPID in Arizona!!

Any ideas???

Disregard previous transmission...SHE came to her senses and after repeated attempts she went into gear. NOW if I can ride to town, get gas and she will continue to cooperate with me...I will again allow her into my future riding plans.

Still good to find out why. I don't do DCT but maybe:
1) Not enough voltage to shift
2) Not enough oil pressure in trans
3) Just a little sticky from sitting

Good thoughts Eric...THANKS!

Went North to Dolan Springs gas then to the Grand Canyon and back home...120 miles and she purrred as she should. 20-30 mph cross wind was no fun but it was great to riding her again. I think it was the waxed chain lube that made her smile.

Back