• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Powerbronze hugger

frozenpoet

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't seen this name thrown in the hugger mix, but I ordered one off of ebay the other day. Just installed it today, nothing hard, took all of 10 minutes to install. Other than the glass black finish and the odd vent ports I really like it so far. Looks well made and secures really well. I would say that if the skidmarx has your eye, but want to save a little money, give this a look. only ($120)

HUGGER - HONDA NC700S 12-13/NC700X 12-13/INTEGRA 700 12-13/CB500F 13/CB500X 13/CBR500R 13 - Powerbronze USA

20130215_113051_zpsebacc67d.jpg

20130215_113040_zps2552b5c5.jpg

That's not bad looking, but I would have to hit it with a couple of coats of Dullcote or some flat black. Myself, I prefer to have the hugger blend into the the bike's colors, I want it to look more a part of the bike rather than an add on.

I haven't seen this name thrown in the hugger mix, but I ordered one off of ebay the other day. Just installed it today, nothing hard, took all of 10 minutes to install. Other than the glass black finish and the odd vent ports I really like it so far. Looks well made and secures really well. I would say that if the skidmarx has your eye, but want to save a little money, give this a look. only ($120)

HUGGER - HONDA NC700S 12-13/NC700X 12-13/INTEGRA 700 12-13/CB500F 13/CB500X 13/CBR500R 13 - Powerbronze USA

I'm actually interested in the rear wheel lift you have there. Link to that item? Are those generic, or does one buy one especially made for the NC?

just a set off of ebay I think. it has the little paddles that pick it up from under the swing arm, I also have one for the front.

Did you eventually paint your hugger ? If so, what did you use ? I want to paint mine a satin black to match the black on the bike. Thanks for any info. Max

20130215_113051_zpsebacc67d.jpg

I planned on ordering an R&G hugger tomorrow. I've looked at other options, but never seen this one.

Looks very much like a Skidmarx at a better price. If I didn't already spring for the Skidmarx, I'd be on it. Mine was gloss black as well. I wet-sanded it with 600 grit and painted it with VHT Fusion flat black. They also have a satin black. I have seen reviews on Amazon that the paint is no good, so I won't recommend it until I get some decent miles on it.

After riding in New England I was thrilled to receive the power bronze hugger and install it. The sand and mud build up on the swing arm and rear shock was getting out of hand. It is doing a decent job so far! Although i would like to install a rubber strip on the strut side to stop what little bit is making it between the swing arm and the hugger. Other than that it is much better than before!!

It is Matte Black and blends in ok!

IMG_1085.jpgIMG_1084.jpg

I just fit this to my bike, looks just as above pictures with matte black and silver mesh.

Take note that there is a protective plastic film covering the entire guard. When I took it out of the box I thought it was all scratched up, but on looking at powerbronze's FAQs on their website it mentioned the film. On removing the film it was in good condition.

When seating it, remember the brake line goes outside the guard on the right. Use a new hex wrench when unscrewing, I stripped a difficult to reach screw and spent a long while getting it out by cutting a notch in it and using a flat head screwdriver and mallet to get it unstuck.

the chain guard is shorter than stock by an inch or so, will let you know if i notice the bike getting coated with oil. So far no issues.

Back